cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

BugsNBats14

ASHTRAY

Today  my quit stats told me I had not smoked 600 cigarettes since I quit Dec 30.

I pictured a giant ashtray overflowing with butts of all brands. The smell was disgusting.  The thought of that pile of stinking butts has made me nauseous.  The picture in my mind has helped me today.

15 Replies
AnnetteMM

Awesome visualization   I remember early in my quit I didn't mind the smell of smoking, but now I can spot a smoker a few aisles away just by that stale cigarette odor BLECCCHHH!  Keeping that in the front of your mind as incentive will serve you well.

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Way to go!!!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

BugsNBats14

Congrats!  Curious what you're looking at? I looked at your quit stats and it  hasn't populated yet because your quit date isn't synced yet. You can do so by following directions at Re: How do I get my quit date to show on the community?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
BugsNBats14

I quit Dec 30, 2018.

I put that in my profile.

My name is wrong and trying to figure out how to change it. Tried through

edit profile...

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

BugsNBats14

Are you wanting to change your username? If so, I can help with that.

For privacy reasons we restrict certain fields in your community profile from being updated so that people don't reveal their identity on accident. Your username is synced into your first name field on your community profile.  Certain fields sync from Becomeanex.org over to the community and others are editable. on the community profile. 

If you set your quit date on Becomeanex.org you should be able to logout (click the link) and then back in and the community will sync the quit date and populate your quit stats.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
BugsNBats14

Thank you.

Please change to Anne.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi BugsNBats14

You can request a username update using this form.

Usernames must be unique and anne has already been taken so unfortunately that is not an option.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
BugsNBats14

Thank you.

I requested the change.

I appreciate your help.

New, but learning

Anne

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

BugsNBats14 wrote:

Thank you.

I requested the change.

I appreciate your help.

New, but learning

Anne

Sure thing. I'll let you know when the change is made and what you need to do to make the update permanent. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team