cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I clear the notification bell when no unread messages exist in the inbox?

Jump to solution

Mark‌  For several days now, I show 1 message in my inbox.  Nothing loads for an additional message, so it won't go away.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you unchecked and rechecked the Read/Unread box and there is nothing unread then you can probably click the "mark all read" option and it should clear that out. I think it may just be a false artifact where the read function didn't switch to read on one of the messages though you probably read it.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Moved to Community Help

Let me take a look. I have seen the notification get stuck. I can't remember how you get it to dismiss.  

Have you tried logging in an logging out?

What browser are you using? And are you on phone or pc?

When you go to inbox, have you checked/unchecked the box for "unread only" to ensure there wasn't an unread message down at the bottom hidden somewhere.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Lots of questions

Yes. I  have logged in and out.  Been there for a few days.

Chrome.

PC

Yes, tried checking unread messages. Nothing there.

0 Kudos

If you unchecked and rechecked the Read/Unread box and there is nothing unread then you can probably click the "mark all read" option and it should clear that out. I think it may just be a false artifact where the read function didn't switch to read on one of the messages though you probably read it.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

That worked.  I should have figured that out!

Thanks

0 Kudos

Great!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

I've hd one unread notification for about a month now.  I have logged in and out on all my computers.  I'll try this.

0 Kudos

Negative.

When I have tried logging in and out I get the message below:

Logout error

Your Identity Provider ask this system to do a global logout but your federated session is lost.

Even if your local session in this system has been closed, you have probably open sessions in other systems.

In order to prevent illicit use of your personal information, please close your browser window and/or remove your cookies from your browser.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

0 Kudos

I know it's a silly error. I'm trying to get that error updated. We had some behind the scenes changes and they used the default error. Thanks for posting as it helps improve these changes quicker when members report experiences like this. 

Just go back to BecomeAnEX.org again and try logging out again. When you get this error you likely have two windows open when you try to log out or two different devices logged in. It can't logout both browsers or both devices at the same time so it is alerting you that.

Once you get logged back in try the "Mark All Read" option. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Thanks, now I don't feel so stupid.

0 Kudos