cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Legend

Someone has a really big problem with my quit date being on Halloween

I wanted to know if anyone here at this site has a problem with me having my quit date on Halloween. I did not post my 10 years quit on Halloween because someone does have a problem with anything having to do with Halloween on my Facebook page and this person was a member at one time here and I don’t know if this person still is or not a member here I can’t find that persons page but this person did post something very judgmental so I could see it just before my anniversary on Halloween. I did not get into a big stinking argument over this post on Facebook but it does bother me a lot still because this person has seen me post that I do have a quit date on Halloween and I wanted to know who might have a problem with me on this site so just speak up so I know if I am welcome here or not. I am a Christian and I don’t worship anything evil and I picked Halloween as my quit date because I always had a good time on that day with everyone growing up but still someone just had to say something really judgmental about anyone having anything to do with Halloween as if they are the official spokesperson on religion. I did talk to some people on my friend’s list privately here and on Facebook about this and they don’t have a problem with me having a quit date on Halloween and they are Christians also. This person that posted this made it sound like anyone doing anything on Halloween was worshiping evil. If anyone does have a problem with me and does not want to post here just send me a PM and let me know. Having someone crap on my quit date does not feel good and if I am going to be whispered about every year about this just do it here and get it out so I know I am offending you somehow.

45 Replies
TW517

Wow.  I hate to sound judgmental, but that person seems to worship a different god than I do.  I've really missed seeing you around as much.  (And I like Halloween as well ). 

anaussiemom

What you choose is your choice.

49501680_301835210453428_2799322278939066368_n.jpgYes You Are!!

indingrl

No worries-MY beloved Christine its your OWN quit DAY - i love you and am very very proud of YOU- 10 YEARS AS A NON SMOKER AND YOU GET TO DRESS UP EVERY YEAR IN A DIFFERENT OUTFIT!!!!! You are so COOL! FYI- Christine -  if this affects you there is a support group for being ADDICTED TO PEOPLE APPROVAL - it is the 12 step program called Alanon- you will be OK- SUGGESTED TO ME- pray for that person for two weeks and you will be blessed inside of you to learn heal and grow- thats what happenef for ME.

Jennifer-Quit

There is no bad day to quit.  My belief is that cigarettes are evil - and Halloween is not.  Congratulations on your 10 plus years of being free of the evils of cigarettes!  You are welcome to celebrate here any day of the year.  BTW - you can block abusive people on Facebook and that is what I would do.

SimplySheri

Obviously this bothers you or you wouldn't have posted so I won't dismiss your feelings by saying this other person has some issues to work through him/herself.  What I will gently remind you is that what you do in your life...whether its quit smoking or marrying a tree or painting your car in fingernail polish...is entirely up to you   Life your life for you, Christine, and allow others to wonder what the heck you're up to!  How amazing is it that you get to celebrate every Halloween twice?!!  My favorite holiday, by the way, and I'm Catholic (what one has to do with the other, no clue but it seemed pertinent).  

Congratulations on a most spectacular quit!!!  And for choosing to do it on a most spectacular day

Kejo

“Paint your car with nail polish..” LOVE it. Lol! I have a few scratches — might just be the answer!

Christine - shout it from the rooftops! We will all cheer for you! 

YoungAtHeart

Wonder if it would work on WRINKLES????!!!

Giulia

Gorilla glue.

YoungAtHeart

I wonder if this same person has a problem with Santa Claus embodying the spirit of Christmas?  Probably!

...and that should be of NO concern to you.  

I am so sorry you felt as though you could not come here and celebrate with us....so let me catch you up!

Congratulations on ONE YEAR of smobriety - celebrated on Halloween!

Kudos to you as you approached your SECOND year smoke free - on Halloween!

Cool - that you celebrated your THIRD quit anniversary - on Halloween!

FOUR years?  GREAT!  celebrate the anniversary -  on Halloween!

Boo-tiful quit you had going after FIVE years - on Halloween!

SIX years was quite the accomplishment - on Halloween!

SEVEN must have been like Heaven - on Halloween!

Late to celebrate EIGHT on Halloween (so sorry about that)

NINE was fine - on Halloween!

TEN wonderful, fantastic years celebrated - on Halloween!

(sorry these didn't all happen on HALLOWEEN!)

Glad you posted about it - hope I made up for your disappointment at least a little!

PLEASE come celebrate ELEVEN with us  - ON HALLOWEEN!