cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Tinalbowser

NOT today

we had a few cigarettes left. And of course. I smoked a few this morning. So I guess tomorrow I will be 100% smoke free. .. not giving up. Try again tomorrow. No cigs in house!!!!!!

13 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

No cigs, no lighters, no ashtrays etc.  NOPE will get you to freedom.  No matter what is happening. Don't try.  Do it.  Come here when you are dealing with temptation.  Keep your tool kit close.  Hang tough, you have to go through some rough spots to get to the smooth places.  Never give up, never give in. 

Mandolinrain

You dont have to wait till tomorrow.....Throw the stuff out now and start now. Why wait? Have you got a quit kit together? Have you read Allen Carrs book, The Easyway to Stop Smoking? Have you made a list of activities to do when craves come. Exactly what have you done to prepare? 

Im not lecturing you I am just concerned maybe you have some homework to do before you quit? If not, quit now...dont go another day 

We are here for you

YoungAtHeart

I agree with Mandolinrain.  Throw out that lighter and those ashtrays.  Did you go buy more cigarettes?  If so, too bad!  Run them under water, mush them up and put them in the trash.  You made your decision - now honor it1

Remember  - there is NEVER a good reason to smoke; there are only excuses.

GO!

Barbscloud

pastedImage_1.jpg

marciem

I'm going to 'third' the motion by Mandolinrain‌ and YoungAtHeart‌ ... there's no reason to wait until tomorrow.  Who said "Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today"?  Somebody smart who wasn't a procrastinator like me   ... but honest, there is no magic that happens at midnight that will make tomorrow a better day/time to quit.  

I started my quit at 5:30 p.m. one day, and still had a few left in the pack that I drowned when I just said "ENOUGH".  

I think we all say "I'll wake up tomorrow with 8 (or so) hours head start to not smoking, so that's a good thing".  But in reality, we've all woken up every day for the last decades of smoking with that same head start and it didn't get us quit.  Plus ... there is always a "reason" (read "excuse") to wait until a better day/time to quit.   

anaussiemom

49649142_2040806099366896_7269126651198308352_n.jpg

(I am guilty of this)

Mandolinrain

I think we all are from time to time  Hope your feeling better today

anaussiemom

thank you

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

And of course I smoked a few this morning

Only a suggestion, but this kind of thinking is what has to be replaced with I don't do that anymore.

Quitting is uncomfortable for most of us for a while--but then the tide turns and not smoking becomes normal. 

Good to hear that you are not giving up!!!