cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jac123

Quit date today

Hi -  I've made my quit date today, 1/8/19.  I've been cutting back the last 2 months roughly.  I stopped smoking during the day during the week.  I only smoked in the evenings.  Weekends became my weaknesses, as I was not at work.  I have a cough and I don't like it.  I noticed that when I cut back, that every day, I still seemed to be coughing stuff up, it really hasn't stopped, but then again, I never actually stopped.  So I am hoping my cough will finally get better.  

I'm just curious, when you stop smoking, do you look any different?  People say that you can tell by looking at someone that they are a smoker.  So, when you stop, do you stop looking like a smoker?  

Well, we'll see how I do.  I always have at least 2 cigarettes when I get off work while I am driving home, so we'll see how I do.  Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  Congrats on your quit today.   Smoking does effect your skin - wrinkles, sagging, etc.  May be what they mean?  Read all you can.  Education and preparation are the key to success.  If you need help, reach out we're here for you.

Barb

sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex

Congratulations on today being your quit date.  Drink lots of water, breath, and stay busy.  I had a bad cough the first week quit and found it was the nicotine cleaning out of my lungs.  I am on 36 days quit and no more cough.  And yes my skin and color look better and brighter.  Others notice and now I too am seeing it in pictures.  Hang in there and stay prepared and close to this site.  Gotcha in my thoughts Colleen aka sweetp 

YoungAtHeart

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/17060-for-our-new-years-quitters-and-community-members-too

Congratulations on our decision to quit smoking.  It is one you will never regret.  I hope you will take advantage of all the good information contained in the blog linked above.

People told me that my skin "glowed" when I quit.  Smoking deriies our bodies of oxygen, so it would make sense that our skin would look better when it is getting more.

Can't WAIT to celebrate Day WON with you this evening.  Let us know if you have questions!

Nancy

jenking

Congrats on setting your quit day! Stay strong, you have got this! I am on day two of MY journey! I have been drinking tons of water and it seems to help:)

Jac123

Thanks for the encouraging words!  I have made it so far today.  It was a VERY long drive home from work.  During the week, my drive home from work is when I have my first cigarette of the day, and I am usually dying for it!  This cough I have had, I have had for a little while, it is not related to quitting b/c I haven't quit until now.  It is really annoying and I do associate it to smoking for sure.  The less I smoke, the better it is, but it still does not go away, so maybe it will now.  I hope so.  

ldj00730

Congratulations.  Driving is a trigger for me. I have been using hard candy and have realized that a piece of candy lasts way longer than a cigarette did and leaves a more pleasant taste in my mouth. Just a suggestion. 

Linda

0 Kudos
sweetplt

How are things going? Happy Friday ❤️Colleen

0 Kudos