cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

What's the best thing you ever bought at a dollar (type) store?

This is just to get you newbie minds off of smoking.

My best thing?

A bread knife.

Did you know you can spend $50 on a bread knife?

***ew that with a phillips head!

My dollar bread knife cuts just as well.

I've never seen cigarettes for sale at a dollar store, have you?

2nd third and 4th place go to's

2. little jars of mayo (I tend to throw the big jars away)

3. apple blossoms  (pastries from somewhere up North, begins with a C)

(don't look Daniela)

709_large.jpg

4. roll sausage (they have 12oz roll sausage by my favorite California brand-Winter's here- It's time for biscuits and gravy and sausage and apple stuffing with that turkey in another month)

What do you like from a dollar store?

27 Replies
autumnpepper

Our dollar store sells cigarettes and beer and wine!  We live in the country.  The grocery store is about 15 miles away.  

I don't know if I should be proud of this or not.  I but clothes at the dollar store.  I have gotten some awesome summer dresses for $10 each.  They also sell leggings. I can't stand shopping.  My hubby does all of our grocery shopping.  I just can't walk the whole store. I have fibromyalgia and get wore out pretty quick.  I love having the dollar store!  It sure beats the drive to the grocery store.  Before we got it we would end up paying convenient store prices for stuff like medicine.  

Great post Dale

0 Kudos

I think it's great you can buy clothes there. They don't sell anything over a dollar at our store so no clothes that I've seen. We do have a new store that carries more expensive things. I haven't been yet. It just opened last month.

Daniela2016

Too late Dale, I already looked, and it looks delish, but you know what?  For the time being: "I don't do that anymore"

Tawny

Beautiful garden wind chimes which I hang from the ceiling above my daughter's bed!  Due to a rare metabolic disorder she is completely and severely disabled and medically dependent.  So, she unfortunately has to spend a great deal of time in her hospital bed in her bedroom.  I try to make it a bright and happy and warm space.  These little garden chimes have a delicate sound when they move and for only a couple bucks, who can beat it! 

I love this topic!  In fact it brings back memories.  When my daughter was still a baby and toddler and was small enough to ride in a car seat -- the kind you can carry and put in a shopping cart -- I would take her to the dollar store as an outing and just walk up and down every aisle!  I bet she and I bought all kinds of things we didn't really need! 

Pizza sauce. They have the best pizza sauce there that we can't find anywhere else, and even if we could, it'd be much more than a dollar somewhere else. We started making our own pizzas when I had to lower my cholesterol. I didn't want to take meds for the rest of my life, and thankfully, I got it under control naturally.  Yeah home made pizza!!!

Jennifer-Quit

I bought some really nice long-handled utensils for grilling - one dollar each.  Used them for years! 

Cards.  I refuse to pay $4 to $10 bucks a card. Wrapping paper and gift boxes too.

Me too. The 2 for $1 ones. 

Jennifer-Quit

Absolutely - cards, gift bags, wrapping paper, and bows!   Why pay premium for something that ends up in the trash?  It really is the thought that counts!