cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Grammy25

Worried about quit date

I do really want to quit smoking; but I am not looking forward to my quit date which is August 31st! I am afraid that I won’t be able to quit on that date and it is causing me to have anxiety! 

Are there any suggestions that can help me?

Thank you 

0 Kudos
53 Replies
SaraCorinne

Focus on wanting to quit.  Keep reminding yourself that you really do want to quit.  A few days before I quit, I started a smoking log.  I wrote down the time I smoked then gave myself a goal......I won't smoke another for 30 minutes, an hour, two hours and so on.  That sort of prepared me for the cravings I would go through, gave me an idea of what it was going to be like.  I'd want another smoke 20 minutes after I put one out.  I'd say to myself, you can wait another 10 minutes, can't you?  Another easy tip:  Nap because you can't smoke while you're sleeping!  I have been smoke free for 11 days now!  I smoked for almost 40 years with a year long quit back in 2008 and hundreds of quit attempts.  It is hard, SCARY hard but YOU CAN DO IT!  I CAN DO IT!  WE CAN DO IT!     

Grammy25

Congratulations on 11 days quit

I have been doing the hourly sometimes 1 1/2hrs wait for awhile now! I will keep it up and try not to worry about my quit day coming up!

Thank you

karenjones

Yes, we can! 

0 Kudos
Grammy25

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Yes....every chance you get read posts on this site. Have you read Allen Carrs book? The Easyway to stop smoking?Its a fast short read and it was what opened the door for me in my journey.

Grammy25

No I haven’t read the book yet but plan on picking up a copy soon!

Thank you

JACKIE1-25-15

We all have different degrees of fear but fear is really a false expectation appearing to be real.  You can make it if you Plan, Prepare and learn to Protect your quit.  Dealing with one day at a time and staying in the day will make it easier. Read, the suggested material it will help you.  Stay close to the site. No question is a dumb one.  Ask.  Tell yourself that yes, I can. Say it out loud.  Learn Breathing techniques that will get you through.  Drink plenty of water.  Work on a Hobby.  Be the boss of your quit. 

Grammy25

Thank you this was really helpful

JACKIE1-25-15

You are welcome.  Anytime I can help just holler. 

0 Kudos