cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mama3953

Day 9

Today is day nine!,

I am taking deep breathes with such ease....still as someone said to me “still cleaning house”.... coughing up phylem sorry to be graphic...I would love to have a beer today I have been craving one however afraid to so drinking my water instead.  I pray every minute of the day to give me the strength to become an ex smoker....I’m so done with them!  Sorry if I am babbling but thanks for listening.  Have a wonderful smoke free day!

Tags (1)
11 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Babbling is perfectly acceptable here! 

Can you drink a non-alcoholic beer instead of your usual?  Otherwise, I would stay away from alcohol for awhile longer, and only one even then.  You really don't know how much it takes for you to start junkie thinking that "just one won't hurt."  A LOT of quits have been lost to alcohol. I would hate for yours to be one of them.

Carry on!

Nancy

mama3953

Thank you Nancy, I agree which is why I have not bought any,  My staying smoke free is more important ❤️

AnnetteMM

Five sentences is hardly a babble!  And anyway, that's what these blogs are for.  Keep up your great attitude!

GyorgyiM

One of the healthy side effects once you stop smoking is.......................

"BABBLING".....!!!      HaHaHaHa..............

You might also end up having a lot of discussions with yourself. I self talked for nearly 3 months and I thought for sure my animals were going to run away from home from hearing me "BABBLING" all night long! LoL

Keep up the great work....ISN'T IT FREAKING WONDERFUL to be FREE !!!!

Miles of Smiles....

mama3953

Your message made me laugh!!  Thank you for that!  And yes IT IS FREAKING WONDERFUL TO BE SMOKE FREE!!!!     

Barbscloud

Congratulations on 9 days won.  That's fantastic.  Agreed, you can babble all you want.  We're actually a group of babblers.

Make It A  Good Day

0 Kudos
elvan

Day nine means tomorrow you hit DOUBLE DIGITS!  You are doing this and there is nothing about this blog that resembles babbling in the least...I did not have anything alcoholic to drink for six months after I quit,  It is so easy to just let down your guard with alcohol.  Keep going forward, adding up your days, drinking lots of water, staying close to the site.  You are doing GREAT!

Ellen

mama3953

Thank you❤️

0 Kudos
Sandy-9-17-17

Staying away from alcohol is very important in the beginning of your quit, even longer for some.  It is a sure way to lose one's quit in a hurry.  Good for you for know what is best for you!  Keep on climbing!  You're doing great!