cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Waynemoye62

Equate

Today I started equate nicotine patches. I've done really well today with them but I have a slight headache. Does anyone know if this is a good nicotine patch or do you have advice for something else. The reason I got this over the counter at Walmart is because my insurance wouldn't cover the prescription patches

Tags (1)
12 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I am sure the generic patches are fine.  Just be sure you match their strength to the amount of nicotine you were getting when you smoked.  Each cigarette was about 1 mg of nicotine - so if you smoked 20 a day, you should be using the 21 mg patches.

Nancy

Waynemoye62

Thanks for your feedback, I wasn't sure that I posted this right and post it again off my profile, I see that it did work the first time.

I talk to the pharmacist at Walmart and explain to him how much I smoked and and how many years that I had smoked. He told me to get 21 mg and you use one patch for 24 hours

I actually preferred the Wal-Mart brand Equate. They stayed on better.

Waynemoye62

I am using at Walmart brand, thank you very much for responding

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018, 8:49 PM kristen-9.7.15 <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

Jennifer-Quit

I used the Wal Mart brand also - same thing - just costs less.  They seemed to stick to my skin better and caused less irritation.  Best wishes!

Waynemoye62

The instructions on my box didn't say, do you move it to one arm to another

or different places on your arm. I don't think you should put it at the

same place every time right

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018, 9:12 PM Jennifer-Quit-05-01-14 <

elvan

You also have a reply to your other question on this subject from Barbara145‌.  I did not use the patch but it makes sense to me that you would want to move it around just in case you get skin irritation.  My daughter used the patch and she took it off at bedtime and replaced it first thing in the morning because when she left it on at night she had really vivid and disturbing dreams.  I don't know if that happens to everyone or not.

Congratulations!

I switched thighs each day usually in a different spot. I didn’t want the patch to be seen.

Jennifer-Quit

I switched spots to lessen the skin irritation (mild) that it caused me.