cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

karenjones

Bonfire?

Isn't there a bonfire tonight to throw all these unsmoked cigarettes into? I did it last week and really liked it.  karen

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Giulia

Bonfires are special, once-in-a-rare moon celebrations here.  They are not weekly or monthly events. We used to do them 3 or 4 times a year, but now because of copyright constrictions, it takes a lot longer to find fun pictures.  It also requires notifying hundreds of members, which  also takes a great deal of time.  And then to be a good hostess you have to be here tending it a great deal of the time (i.e. responding, hanging out, etc.)  There aren't that many people who have volunteered to set up bonfires and so the same long-term members have done it over and over again. (Especially Shawn.)   And the burden has just become too great. 

But the All Aboard the Freedom Train Freedom train IS a daily celebration.  (And it's manned by a small group of dedicated volunteers who also take the time to create a special train every time they post one every week.)  It's not about throwing in your unsmoked cigs,  (like the bonfires are)  more for acknowledging our unsmoked days, but hey - start a new trend why don't you?  Add your unsmoked cigarettes to the Freedom Train every day.  Freedom is Freedom, however which way we recognize and celebrate it - whether it's in unsmoked days or in unsmoked cigarettes.  Right?! 

0 Kudos
desiree465

Wow I didn't realize just how much time is put into those events . Thank you to everyone who uses their precious time to make us feel special I appreciate it. 

0 Kudos