cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Bree19

Did we just watch a wedding or a prediction?

I wish I had the words to properly express how hopeful today made me feel.  Their wedding was so much more HUMAN than royal events in the past. 

These 2 young people, so in love and natural and happy, may not be aware what an impact their marriage could have on our world.  

Our sadly divided West was shown the possibilities today of what unity and change might bring about.  A black man preaching in Windsor, quoting Martin Luther King - who could have predicted that?  Did you get goosebumps too?  A gospel choir singing in the most British Chapel in England??  Camilla paging to find the lyrics to Stand by Me - cracked me up! 

The Monarchy is accepting and celebrating a divorced, mixed, American actress, welcoming her into their "Establishment"  which started changing when Diana joined them - her sons are  continuing modernising and humanising The Firm, as they call themselves.

I just had to try and verbalise how it made me feel.   I'm still not saying it properly.  Anyone else?

Bree

6 Replies
Barbara145

I agree with you 100%.  I loved it.

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Capulet and Montague.

karenjones

Not for me. These social parasites are the richest people in the world. Off with their heads!!!

0 Kudos
elvan

I really thought that it was lovely.  I think the fact that they did not want gifts but asked for gifts to charities was very generous.  I thought all of the pageantry was anything BUT offensive or parasitic.  Just my idealistic view of something that was beautiful.  I could not agree more with you Bree19‌.

MarilynH

I agree with you 100 % , I got goosebumps on my goosebumps was glued to the TV all evening EXcept when I popped over to the Bonfire, thank you Bree19 and elvan, we need more LOVE IN THIS WORLD AND LESS HATE ......

It shined a light on new times! It's a shame that the bride's father could not attend but seeing Charles by her side and Camilla next to Kate gives me hope that Love and Forgiveness conquers all!