cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Miglets

First 72 hours

I read the online article nicotine addiction 101 and was very impressed with the amount of relevant information it had on smoking, lots of tid bits I had never heard and I’m finding that it has really helped me to quit.  First off it discounted me from using NRT, I had planned to chew gum if the craving got out of control.  Second it emphasized the fact that the first 72 hours are the hardest and that once you get past that it’s mostly just preventing relapse.  I’m nearing my 72 hours nicotine free and hopeful that this will be the time.  I will never use nicotine again!

Tags (1)
12 Replies
maryfreecig

Way to go! Congratulations on your quit and keep working your smobriety one day at a time.

JACKIE1-25-15

3 days is very good.  For most of us the nicotine is out of our system. I felt if I could make it the first 24 hrs I had it beat.   So far so good. 28,824 hours.  Quitting smoking is doable if you adhered to NOPE not one puff ever no matter what is happening in your life is no reason to smoke just an EXcuse.  Keep on keepin on. 

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Yes!  That's why we say Not Another Day One!  Knowing all about nicotine is a powerful tool!

indingrl

CONGRATS on your NON SMOKER life.....never take another puff....good job Miglet and Please keep coming BACK.

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Good job and good attitude!

0 Kudos
elvan

Stick with it and may I respectfully suggest that instead of being HOPEFUL that you try on NOPEFUL?

Ellen

YoungAtHeart

To translate - NOPE = Not One Puff Ever!

Glad you took the time to understand this addiction - it really will help you beat it!

Keep it up!

Nancy

Mandolinrain

Good job! Your on your way. Stay close to the site. Knowledge is power. Be sure to study the effect nicotine has on your brain. It will help you see why the 'craves' even happen....for every cigg you smoke, you awaken those receptors. Your at a good place , good people to get you through this. Welcome!

0 Kudos
beazel

Great job Miglets! 

Keep reading and learning about the addiction, it will be one of your most valuable tools, along with that good attitude.

There will be ups & downs on this journey, but you CAN do it. Take smoking off the table no matter what....

Smoking Is Not An Option

0 Kudos