cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Weird news

Just got back from the bladder doctor. The cancer is back after 3  years. I'll be having surgery to clean that up in April.

I'm a bit gobsmacked. I thought today I would graduate to once a year instead of every six months observation. Nope. Not gonna happen. 

Should be a piece of cake, or so he says. He also said not to lose any sleep over it. Easier said than done.

I'm going to go take a nap. 

19 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

More reason to Nope. Take a nap. Be blessed. I believe you will be fine believe with me.

Nap time!

DonnaMarie

It sure was. I had to get up extra early to take my dog to the vet for her bath, nails, and usual 3-month tune-op; rush home to shower and get ready to go to the bladder guy; and then get all feeling sorry for myself. I took my nap, got up, went to get my dog, and soon, it'll be dinner time. Keep busy, keep busy, keep busy. 

Giulia

If the doc isn't worried that's GOOD!  Sorry to hear about the recurrence.  Not a reason to light up.  Precisely a reason not to.

maryfreecig

Glad you came here to share. Stay focused on yes I can and let the doc do the thinking. 

YoungAtHeart

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry.  It was caught early, which is a good thing!

Do keep in mind that the surgery will go smoother and you will heal much faster if you aren't smoking.

Hang in there!

Nancy

elvan

DonnaMarie‌ The fact that the doctor is not worried and that he is waiting until April is good news...clearly hearing that the cancer is back is not what you wanted to hear but it really IS all the more reason for you to stay smoke free and take the best possible care of yourself that you can.  I am really proud of you for coming here.

Hugs,

Ellen

DonnaMarie

I'm thinking of y'all as friends, you know

pir8fan

Another reason to be Smoke Free! Besides, we don’t do that anymore! Let’s trust the doctor!

Nap sounds good! I think I will take one too!

Tommy