cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Weird news

Just got back from the bladder doctor. The cancer is back after 3  years. I'll be having surgery to clean that up in April.

I'm a bit gobsmacked. I thought today I would graduate to once a year instead of every six months observation. Nope. Not gonna happen. 

Should be a piece of cake, or so he says. He also said not to lose any sleep over it. Easier said than done.

I'm going to go take a nap. 

19 Replies

Donna Marie-I hope you did take the Nap. More reason to be a NOPE.....Sounds very positive,if the Dr. isn't worried. You are in my prayers..... Stay busy is my advice....Do the things you wanted to do with the time you are not smoking... 1 step at a time on the Freedom Road....... The Exer's have your back.... hugs,Prairie 22 DOF

Jennifer-Quit

Another good reason to not smoke.  Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

indingrl

Lifting you in prayer too my beloved DonnaMarie WE just got news TODAY one of our family members is going to start chemo and radiation for cancer another just fell while cooking and hit head on counter and then again banged head on the floor.... out of NO WHERE dealing with vertigo and now cannot be left alone the head injury still causing upsets in the balancing of just walking getting up n down MORE testing.... then another family member had a heart attack due to eating issues he is 47 I believe that is his age...ALL THIS NEWS HIT AT ONCE...please know you are NOT ALONE alot of my family SUFFERS with OUT OF NO WHERE LIFE PHYSICAL HITS! Keep on keeping and thank you so much for sharing and STAYING QUIT NO MATTER WHAT and teaching ME to do the same gentle hug 

DonnaMarie

When I went through this in 2015, something weird happened to my nervous system and I had vertigo, shaking hands, and literally could not sign my name. No one ever figured out what happened, but the only lasting effect is minor shaking of the hands, and that could be a factor of aging. Best of health to your relative. 

Sootie

Well, wish the news was better, but at least your doctor sounds confident. So, follow his lead. Hope you jumped right back in to your quit.

Stay Strong

0 Kudos
minihorses

I hate to hear of anyone having surgery and I know this is hard for you to have to go through again.  Keep your chin skyward and if you're so inclined, thank whatever higher power YOU believe in that it was caught early and is being attended to quickly.  Trust the doctor, stay smoke free, and most of all take care of yourself in the meantime.  I am praying to my lord Jesus for you!

Julie 

0 Kudos
Christine13

Oh my gosh, glad the Dr. feels in control of the situation.  I am so sorry you're cancer is back.

You are doing everything you can do to stay quit and keep busy and keep your quit.

Will be praying for a great outcome for you!!  I am a breast cancer survivor.

Lisaml

Well, Donna...thats too bad. I'm glad the doc is not worried- sounds like everything is under control, although I'm sorry you don't graduate to less frequent follow ups.  

hanf in there, peace and love to you. 

PS Smoking never did a THING to help you cope. It just sent you into a permanent state of varying degrees of withdrawal. You need to bring your A game and not smoking will help ! Xoxo 

0 Kudos
rbrown53

Donna hang in there, if you were still smoking you could have problems with being under anesthesia and healing. Your doing great and have put yourself ahead in the game.. 

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

I happened to have a bad scare with bladder cancer. Its actually very common with people who are smokers and especially us women.

I hope things go well for you...will be praying for you. I have a friend who lost her life to it. Take care of yourself and keep us updated please. Love you, Missy