cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Trade Offs And Substitutes

You have to learn to replace smoking with different things.

Example:

The Satisfaction Of A Cinnamon Roll Can Be Equaled And Sated By Cinnamon Toast.

Think about that. What you really are craving is the cinnamon taste and some "richness." That's where the butter comes in.  🙂

Now, try to relate that to how you could  or are replacing things in your routine. Changing into a non smoker requires other changes besides not smoking..

That means finding other ways to get satisfaction that you got from smoking.

It takes time for your  acetylcoline receptors to normalize to those of a non smoker.

Screen Shot 02-27-18 at 06.13 PM 001.JPG

(Now, don't think about getting up to make cinnamon toast.)

cinnamon toast.jpg

Onward and Upward.

🙂

26 Replies
Giulia

"The Satisfaction Of A Cinnamon Roll Can Be Equaled And Sated By Cinnamon Toast."  But doesn't that just feed the addiction?  Like vaping?

Cinnamon Toast Is Not An Argument And I Never Smoked It

0 Kudos
minihorses

Love that reply Dale!!

0 Kudos
Sootie

GiuliaJonesCarpeDiem

And ----bun? toast? still reinforcing that hand to mouth thing.........................

0 Kudos

I don't know.  Bun toast?

NAH!

Giulia

Kiss kiss.

0 Kudos
elvan

Hahahaha...I happen to have some cinnamon rolls in my kitchen and I do believe that they are calling my name!  

Giulia

I don't think that was the point???? I used to pour my coffee, extra large mug,grab the smokes, hit the deck and a cushioned chair. This was the ritual of the morning.

Now I get up,brush the teeth 1st.,while coffee is brewing...Put supper dishes away,feed Mazy,some light stretching...Most important is  NOT ....coffee and smokes.....NOPE! 

I Boot up the PC and have my 1st. dose of BecomeAnEx. The 2nd choice is Healthier than the 1st. choice was.