cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Trade Offs And Substitutes

You have to learn to replace smoking with different things.

Example:

The Satisfaction Of A Cinnamon Roll Can Be Equaled And Sated By Cinnamon Toast.

Think about that. What you really are craving is the cinnamon taste and some "richness." That's where the butter comes in.  🙂

Now, try to relate that to how you could  or are replacing things in your routine. Changing into a non smoker requires other changes besides not smoking..

That means finding other ways to get satisfaction that you got from smoking.

It takes time for your  acetylcoline receptors to normalize to those of a non smoker.

Screen Shot 02-27-18 at 06.13 PM 001.JPG

(Now, don't think about getting up to make cinnamon toast.)

cinnamon toast.jpg

Onward and Upward.

🙂

26 Replies
minihorses

I have only one question about this. Where's the bread? Cinnamon is its' own food group to me!

Julie

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

Science says   Ground Cinnamon, is good for you.   So a little butter, whole grain bread , Ground Cinnamon,  is really good for your BP.

Science also says a small bite of food every 2 hrs is a great way to keep Metabolism going.   Best way to lose weight, keep that bad boy going.   Hand to mouth is great every 2 hrs, to keep weight off and wise choices, including a little sweets is,  ok.  

I'll  have a whole cake please!!

Hugs Kim.

minihorses

Oh no you don't Kim! You pass that bad boy over here too! I've got fork in hand.

anaussiemom

Bad boy= Metabolism!! You Hungry or Horny?  jk

0 Kudos

Since hubby and I haven't been together since  October,

I think our house will be moreHEART WITH ROSES.png interested in option 2.

HEADING NORTH ON SUNDAY. NO WEATHER PROBLEMS 3 VERY LONG DAYS..........

Won't be online much. Can maybe just check-in with phone...

anaussiemom

Enjoy!!

0 Kudos
elvan

Have a safe trip, will look forward to hearing that you arrived safely PRAIRIEROSELADY‌.

sure will let everyone know how the trip is going...pray for me...driver is a smoker and only stops for gas and drive-thru.

0 Kudos
minihorses

Neither, I just want cake! Or did you scarf it down already by sticking your face in it and doing a "Cookie Monster"?

I did the hamster thing,after eating 1/2 bar of very very dark 85% chocolate... Not quite as good as having hubby around..... No wonder I eat so much extra dark chocolate. My health peeps say,as long as I'm thin enjoying an ounce everyday is Good for me!  Good thing those bars are not large!!!!!!!!Whole bar is 3.5 ozs.

The bar was opened, when I hit it today....See why I eat so many veggies??? To offset my indulgences 

0 Kudos