Nymous

Day 14

Discussion created by Nymous on Feb 22, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 23, 2020 by catsalvano

My day 14 today being free from Nicotine. Cravings were intense on day 6, 7 and 8 but it is a lot better. 

I do get cravings now but it is mostly due to associations that the brain has made to specific events like taking a long drive, arguments, stress and long drive.

Some of the things that I have done to resist craving is to make a note of why I want to quit smoking., I actually wrote it down in my phone , things like..Insurance Cost, able to breathe properly , able to do activities with my kids, desire to be healthy and happy during old age ( it is only going to get tougher to get health care when we get old), savings of money, not having to feel like a pariah in the community. Also I have a picture of a smokers lung and a normal lung on my phone. In the past, I have quit many times and I have always told myself " See, No big deal, I am not an addict, I can quit anytime I want " and used that as an excuse to smoke while in reality I was succumbing to my cravings and again getting enslaved by the Nico demon. I sincerely hope that I do  not fall into the trap again.

This site has helped me a lot. I advise all newbies to keep visiting the site and reading others post. In a subconscious way it helps. you and motivates you. It sure has helped me.

Read the elders post , just make it a point to spend just 5 minutes on this site. Put down your thoughts, your strenghts, weaknesses and loudly proclaim every week that "I  am not going to take another puff"

Outcomes