cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Nymous

Day 14

My day 14 today being free from Nicotine. Cravings were intense on day 6, 7 and 8 but it is a lot better. 

I do get cravings now but it is mostly due to associations that the brain has made to specific events like taking a long drive, arguments, stress and long drive.

Some of the things that I have done to resist craving is to make a note of why I want to quit smoking., I actually wrote it down in my phone , things like..Insurance Cost, able to breathe properly , able to do activities with my kids, desire to be healthy and happy during old age ( it is only going to get tougher to get health care when we get old), savings of money, not having to feel like a pariah in the community. Also I have a picture of a smokers lung and a normal lung on my phone. In the past, I have quit many times and I have always told myself " See, No big deal, I am not an addict, I can quit anytime I want " and used that as an excuse to smoke while in reality I was succumbing to my cravings and again getting enslaved by the Nico demon. I sincerely hope that I do  not fall into the trap again.

This site has helped me a lot. I advise all newbies to keep visiting the site and reading others post. In a subconscious way it helps. you and motivates you. It sure has helped me.

Read the elders post , just make it a point to spend just 5 minutes on this site. Put down your thoughts, your strenghts, weaknesses and loudly proclaim every week that "I  am not going to take another puff"

10 Replies
anaussiemom

Nymous  Awesome and very helpful blog thank you.

Kim

indingrl

CONGRATS ON 14 NICOTINE FREE DAYS NYMOUS!!!! Yahooooo good job and most excellent tools you put on your phone to loving encouraging yourself to STAY quit no matter what! Very good keeping tract of your mind thoughts and recognizing OLD ADDICT USING THOUGHTS and finding your NEW RECOVERY THOUGHT LIFESTYLE and NEW solutions to keep on keeping and what a loving kind thought life you do have to pass on the love FREELY given to you to encourage the newcomers to DO what you did to STAY QUIT NO MATTER WHAT! Please take what helps and let go of the rest to be helpful is MY only aim thank you. May God bless you double for all you do in MY Lord Jesus name amen keep on keeping on 

JACKIE1-25-15

Very Good advice.  Congratulations on 14 days of freedom.  Yay.  The journey continues. 

0 Kudos

CONGRATULATIONS on 14 days!! 

I'm so glad that things are going better for you now. It's great that you have notes on your phone that you can refer to when in need. For me, I spent most of my time early in my quit thinking about my future. How wonderful it will be to see my kids and grand kids grow up. And the freedom!! The thought of freedom never left my mind. 

So glad you're doing this! You won't regret it.

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Nymous congratulations on 14 days!  Keep moving forward on your journey.  We've all got your hand.

-Michelle

0 Kudos
elvan

Nymous  Congratulations, you have made it through what is "affectionately" call Hell Week and now what is called "Heck" Week, those first two weeks have taken down more than one person.  Keep going, keep putting one foot in front of the other and know that we are all here to support you and help you.  

Ellen

Gilamonster

Day 14 for me.

Thank you for your post, this site helps me so much !

0 Kudos
Nymous

Congratulations @gilamonster. 

Stay strong. You will get occasional cravings and they may be strong and long lasting. just being prepared for it and having a plan to deal with it is important. But whatever plans you have the one guiding principle should be "I will never have a single puff again ".

JACKIE1-25-15

We all can help each other, no matter where we are in our quit.