cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Blogging and thinking - Day 1

I keep a blog elsewhere (info is on my profile if you want to read it) and as I was writing today,  noticed I had a tab open for 10 Keys for Smoking Yourself to Death from WhyQuit. I read it and had to laugh. How does the author know me so well? How did he get in my head and figure out my rationalization, minimizing, and all other things addict? I'm keeping that tab open today. I think it'll be food for me on day 1.

My meter started at noon and so did my quit. I'm determined as hell to make this work. My goals for today are to keep positive thoughts flowing, drink water/tea/water/whatever all day and pee those toxins out, and to not smoke. I'm in the obsessive phase, where I read everything I can get my hands on, collect quit smoking graphics, and add stuff to my quit smoking Pinterest page. I've already vacuumed and have laundry on the horizon today. I will make it till 11 p.m. that's not a tough goal. If you (the reader) can do this, so can I.

I want to stay away from the negative thoughts surrounding quitting. The truth is that I'm giving up nothing. Every false positive about smoking can be dismissed immediately if I think about it. I have 4 Xanax if I get rattled, but I don't plan on using them. I'd rather walk, drink, or sleep off an urge, or write here or on my blog.

I'm going to be reading a lot of your words today, Exers. I need you and know I can't do this alone. This needs to be my last quit. 

18 Replies
indingrl

CONGRATS ON NICOTINE FREE DAY ONE DONNAMARIE!!! Yahooooo good job!!!!  love Joel he has been helping nicotine drug addicts for over 45 YEARS! FACTS are the foundation of his teaching! Thanks for sharing his tips!  His book NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF EVER over 45 million copies IS FREE on whyquit.com Joel is a generous giver of service to nicotine drug addicts! May God blesses him double for his trouble in My Lord Jesus name amen HOORAY FOR GOD! 

JACKIE1-25-15

Just tell yourself that you don't do that anymore.

elvan

I used the mantra NOPE, Not One Puff Ever...over and over and over again when I first quit, it was so simple and I could say it quietly or I could say it loudly if need be.  This had to be MY last quit too...no more chances.  I was so sick and I promised myself that I would not make my family watch me committing suicide.  I have COPD so I can't say that I feel 100% better because I am always short of breath but just think how much WORSE I would be if I still smoked.  I am so glad to be free from that horrible control.  This is a journey and remember what OldBones-Larry‌ says, "One step and then another will get you to where you want to be."  Another favorite is "The only way out is through" but I cannot attribute that to anyone because I don't know where it came from.  Take this one step, one day, one hour, one minute at a time and KNOW that it DOES get better.

Ellen

DonnaMarie

Thanks Ellen. I'm doing this a minute, quarter-hour, half-hour, hour at a time today. I will be using mantras and everything else I have in my crayon box of tools and alternatives. l'm using my blog to get bitchy if need be   Hey, we're human, right? 

NOPE is what it's all about. I will have one day down tomorrow at this time and I'm looking forward to beaming with pride!

nope.PNG

DonnaMarie

Not smoking. Won't smoke. Don't smoke. Weird urges just flash through my head when I'm doing the oddest things. 

Here's a little something I painted for myself today:

2018_02_19_Rock.jpg

indingrl

Thank is cool! Fyi at whyquit.com Joel has day one day two day three etc.... videos to watch to refresh your NEW spiritual tool box. Just sharing what was SUGGESTED to ME in love and hope with encouragement to you DonnaMarie this moment of this day only WE will STAY QUIT TOGETHER ONE DAY AT TIME! TADAH YOUR DOING A GREAT JOB!  Thank you for helping ME REMAIN QUIT TOO! Keep on keeping on

Jennifer-Quit

Welcome to Day Won!

KMC56

I drank LOTS of water, hard candies, gum...and had  and still do, The cleanest closet and lazy susan around.  Thats the one thing about quitting...always finding something to keep busy, projects..projects!  Now I'm into milk paint...deciding on colors...you can do this!

0 Kudos

So glad your on the path to freedom. You know what it takes. Just be true to yourself and look ahead to the freedom that awaits you whenever the internal argument tells you that you're miserable. Your rewards await you. All you have to do is get through those first days.

Really looking forward to your success! 

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!

Chuck