cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Blogging and thinking - Day 1

I keep a blog elsewhere (info is on my profile if you want to read it) and as I was writing today,  noticed I had a tab open for 10 Keys for Smoking Yourself to Death from WhyQuit. I read it and had to laugh. How does the author know me so well? How did he get in my head and figure out my rationalization, minimizing, and all other things addict? I'm keeping that tab open today. I think it'll be food for me on day 1.

My meter started at noon and so did my quit. I'm determined as hell to make this work. My goals for today are to keep positive thoughts flowing, drink water/tea/water/whatever all day and pee those toxins out, and to not smoke. I'm in the obsessive phase, where I read everything I can get my hands on, collect quit smoking graphics, and add stuff to my quit smoking Pinterest page. I've already vacuumed and have laundry on the horizon today. I will make it till 11 p.m. that's not a tough goal. If you (the reader) can do this, so can I.

I want to stay away from the negative thoughts surrounding quitting. The truth is that I'm giving up nothing. Every false positive about smoking can be dismissed immediately if I think about it. I have 4 Xanax if I get rattled, but I don't plan on using them. I'd rather walk, drink, or sleep off an urge, or write here or on my blog.

I'm going to be reading a lot of your words today, Exers. I need you and know I can't do this alone. This needs to be my last quit. 

18 Replies
Barb102

This will be your last quit and mine too. Remember you can do ANYTHING that you set your mind to. Your a strong woman. Let’s do this together. 

Barb

darnPainter

I'm with you in your quit DonnaMarie "The truth is that I'm giving up nothing..." And that's the truth girl!!! Nor are you missing anything. The compulsion to smoke is an illusion, but pray just the same to have it removed. 

I'll be one of you cheerleaders today.  John

DonnaMarie

Thanks, John. Bedtime is less than 2 hours away, so my end-of-day countdown is on. 

elvan

Good job!

MarilynH

I'm heading off to La la land very soon but I wanted to wish you a humongous Congratulations on your precious Day WON with many more to come, I know you're on a countdown of about 2 hrs but I just wanted to congratulate you before I head to bed, you've got this quit believe in yourself you're going to succeed one precious Smokefree Day at a time or hour minute or even a second at a time or hour minute or even a second at a time.....

rbrown53

I'm starting into day eight of smoke free the people here are great and can be really help. I  smoked for over 45 years and tried about everything, but listening to Allen Carr, Joel Spitzer and the people here helping I feel I can finally succeed.

MarilynH

You are doing great and are being successful one precious Smokefree Day at a time or hour minute or even a second at a time ,congratulations on your 8 glorious Days WON and counting WTG.....

DonnaMarie

You ARE succeeding. Congrats on 8 days. I'm right behind you

Day Two is ticking away, Donna! You're doing this!

Congratulations!