cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jojojojo4444

Help!

I am at day 91 and I am a mess. I need support. My family is failing me now. They probably aren't, but I am super emotional. More so than the first few days of quitting. I want this hurt to be over. Please help me! I don't want to smoke, but it may make me tolerable to be around. Really lost right now. 

0 Kudos
31 Replies
ShawnP

91 days is fabulous. Look at how far you have come! I know you don't want to smoke. I know the feelings that you are going through. Trust me, nothing is worth losing a quit over. Take some deep breaths now and focus on something else. I don't know what you are going through but trust me, it will get better. It doesn't seem like it will right now but it will.

jojojojo4444

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
DiamondB

Right

0 Kudos
vanlil

Don't panic - deep breath A LOT.   Take a walk even if it is cold or rainy.  Call a friend - eat a "treat" food - it will pass.

Hey at day 91 I am sure family feels you are ok with the quit.   They are probably assuming  the craves are over for LIFE!!!!  Ha Ha Ha - but it is not funny. 

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE IN.  Calm Down and remember you are not alone. 

Lillian (vanlil) 590 dof 

YoungAtHeart

What you are feeling is perfectly, normal - so take heart  You are traveling through what we call No Mans Land (2-4 months quit) when a random, intense  crave can hit you, seeming out of the blue.  It seems to last FOREVER.  You might have become complacent in your quit which makes this doubly difficult to get through.

Pull out the tools you used early in your quit!  Slow/deep breaths!  March in place!  Head in the freezer for a deep breath! Snap a rubber band around your wrist!  Play a computer game!  Eat some chocolate!  Call a friend! 

These WILL end just as suddenly as they appeared.

Hang in there ----- you are almost THERE!!!!

Nancy

elvan

No Man's Land is a rough place to be...don't let your addiction win.  Read blogs, be proud of how far you have come and PLEASE trust us when we tell you that it WILL get easier and there will come a time when smoking does not even enter your mind.  It will be a vague memory and you will realize that it never did anything FOR you...don't be like me and let it do things TO you.  COPD is a horrible disease and I did not have to have this.

Congratulations on your three months of freedom, hang on, stay close.

Ellen

indingrl

Hi Ellen love you 

0 Kudos
pir8fan

Stay on the site with us! Your family still wants you to be Free! Those who have never had the addiction do not understand the need for ongoing support! We do! They think that you have it beat! They do not understand the addiction! We do! Support is what this site does! So, stay here and keep reading! You can keep your quit and we will help!   Tommy 

JACKIE1-25-15

You have come to the right place.  This is one of those times that you really have to pull on your inner strength to make sure that no matter what is happening  you will not smoke.  The best part about this is once you get through it you will feel so much better just because you made it without smoking.  No one ever said quitting was easy.  It is a challenge but one that is very doable.  Keep telling your self that you will not smoke not matter what.  Tell that crave to got somewhere else because it is wasting its time because NO MATTER WHAT you will not smoke.  Literally say it out loud.  Tell it to kick rocks because no matter what you are not going to smoke.  You will be stronger once this is over.  Trust me you can do it. Breathe.