cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lisaml

First time here...

Just wanted to say hello. Day 6 of my quit with chantix. 

This is no fun. 

Already at the point where I'm thinking "well smoking wasn't THAT bad, was it?". Maybe I could have just 1... just to see if I still even want it  

I do understand that is not a possibility. At 45 years old, it's only a matter of time before I would have gotten some kind of illness related to smoking. I had to quit. 

Anyway, here I am...

54 Replies
indingrl

Welcome lisami CONGRATS ON NICOTINE FREEDOM... please read all Dr Hays blogs and please read all blogs here and keep on blogging asking or just blog on emotions of WHATEVER you need to BEFORE you take that first puff over you... thank you for sharing and helping ME to STAY QUIT WITH YOU TOGETHER we will REMAIN quit! 

Lisaml

Thanks! Another cig is not an option! 

indingrl

You are most welcome that so wonderful and i am so filled with joy for you Lisaml CONGRATS on your decision to love YOU!  

mivida2018

Welcome and congratulation on the best decision you ever made. It only takes one to get you back to smoke again. Just remember One is to much and  thousand   will not be enough. Is not easy but is not   imposible  I am going on 3 months  it's all up to you. Keep on going don't look back. Good Luck.

Lisaml

Thank you! I quit 2 years ago, for almost a year. I had a sudden urge, stopped at a gas station, bought a pack. Threw the pack out and just took 1. 

you know, I just wanted 1 cig for nostalgia, curiosity.... who knows !? 

how naive was I ? 

Now I KNOW better... this will be my forever 🙂 

YoungAtHeart

Welcome to our community!

The site has been down for a bit; you should hear from more folks shortly.  I wrote a blog and asked others for best advice that you might find helpful: For Our New Years' Quitters (and community members, too).

As you do the suggested reading, you will understand more about why, as addicts, we can NEVER have "just one" cigarette.  The Law of Addiction states:  "The law of physiological addiction states that administration of a drug to an addict will cause reestablishment of the dependence on that substance.

Congratulations on your decision to quit and your first FIVE days WON!  You are doing this! 

Nancy

Lisaml

Thanks!!!;-)

0 Kudos
gregp136

This site is all about all of us working together.  Read a lot, share anything you want, and get to know all the great ex smokers who are here.  Good luck, and you are just one day away from a week!!!  SUPER!!!!

Lisaml

Thanks, Greg!!;-)

0 Kudos