cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

Gaurdian Angel

frailpic.jpg

I am so blessed my GA is hanging in there with me and for me.

He has and seems to continue to worked so hard, all my Life!

I had a stroke at 55 
Was at a ball game for my grandson,
Felt a little pain for about 1 long second in middle of forehead,
Didnt think much of it.  Climbed down quite a few bleachers when game was over.
Got in car with hubby,  I started to have just a tiny bit,
of slurring as I chatted.  Said to hubby some jokes,

about my slurring.  Then I knew from all all that I have read, and learned
about strokes that something was wrong in my body.

Told hubby I think I'm having a stroke.

He said naw,"  I said yes".  Went to ER,  said I think I had a stroke.

But no visible signs.  They ran me to back of ER,  took pics of my brain,

stroking still occurring; Signed my a lot of papers to stop that stroke.
Got helicopter ride.....Egads!
They saved my life! I saved my life as well! I knew "get help!"
I didn't have symptoms like books, and such say.  Just little cues. 

First hour is so important, when having a stroke.
I know that to be a true in my life.

Thank you God and my GA.  Amen.
One of many health issues after that scare.
Still smoking some .   Ugh.  Prayers Pls to be a Quit!

16 Replies
indingrl

But for the grace of God go I ... to you anauasiemom are awaked and truly blessed by God to stop using nicotine that is what I read in YOUR BLOG PLEASE CHECK OUT ALL OF DR HAYS BLOGS HE HAS TOOLS FOR YOU TO USE TOO keep one keeping on READ EDUCATE YOU fyi when I first came her in October of 2010 i was using and sucking 2-3 death sticks a day and exercising and reading the blogs here and at whyquit.com where I watched Byron early death video which brought ME out of MY DENIAL i am a recovering nicotine addict i beggedabd cried out this to Jesus to help ME or I would smoke these cigs until I dropped dead and on Jan 6, 2011 was MY COLD TURKEY QUIT after YEARS of tying on MY OWN... I smoked 38 YEARS at the end of MY using I was sucking death sticks 50 a day!!! Please take the warning for YOU yoyr free will CHOICE check out Dr Hays SUGGESTIONS TOOLS FOR YOUR RECOVERY thank you anauasiemom for HELPING ME TO REMAIN staying quit GOD LOVES YOU anauasiemom..I love you...YOU gotta love you.... If God did it for ME God will do it for you anauasiemom just ask him please take what HELPS and let go of the rest to be HELPFUL is MY only aim... gentle hug  keep on keeping on in MY Lord Jesus name amen

anaussiemom

Thank you.   I pray religiously to God.  He has given me many warnings,  just in 2 yrs alone.    But, my addiction is overwhelming.  I will heed what you say.  Many blessings ❤️

indingrl

You are so welcome and please know I was taught here all I passed on to you anaussiemom ALL here just BLOG abd ask then watch Gods love come running to help you do your part now in our Lord Jesus name amen BLOG BLOG BLOG tons of love and please know I prayed for YOU too just like the person who prayed for ME... trust ME anaussiemom you are NOT ALONE unless you choose to be  ✝️

anaussiemom

Thank you so much ❤️

0 Kudos
indingrl

My honor to help just like they helped me and please know WE love and help one another to STAY quit together no matter what keep on blogging you be ok 

gregp136

You have a great Angel.  And you also have a great line to use any time hubby isn't doing what you want.

"I was right about the stroke, wasn't I dear?"

Remember quitting is about grabbing as much joy in life as you can!

anaussiemom

Your so right lol!  I told him all the reasons I need and desire a puppy.   Quitting is one of the many reasons.   No compromise yet.  Working on it, he so wants me to completely stop.  I only rescue animals.    So even a senior dog  with a soft pace to lay they're head is fine, before they pass, is ok with me.  He doesnt understand my love for animals...but I married him he was a stray....LOL

minihorses

OK, time for a little tough love here girl.  If you had a stroke, why the H*LL are you still smoking some?  You know better than that!  Isn't "smoking a little" the same as being "a little bit pregnant"?  Until you do quit completely you won't be able to rescue a dog and give it a loving chance at life that it might not get otherwise.  I am an animal fanatic and rescuer as well so we both know that time is of the essence to make a difference in an animal's life.  I will pray to God for you and your health.  You have a great GA who wants you to be free of the addiction.  You lived through a stroke! Now that's a reason to stay quit any day of the week.  May the Lord hold you and guide you on the path to health and freedom from addiction.  We know you can!!!  

Julie

75 days

Strudel

You can do this....I smoked for 40 years - as many of us did. We came here, learned as much as we could about this addiction, got the support here - and we quit! Best thing EVER! Get a copy of The Easy Way to Quit Smoking by Alan Carr - please!