cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dlane68

Its been 1 week

Its been one week today since I have been back with you folks, and proud to say I am still here and moving forward.

Rough one today, not so much craving the nicotine but the actual taste and  feeling of the smoke in my mouth and lungs. I feel like I am missing an old friend. 

Thanks everyone

Darren

P.S. here is to week # 2  

5 Replies
Mortalzeus

Congrats on week one and overcoming the daily challenges our addiction brings us all.  I do remember experiencing that awkward sensation in my mouth about a week after I quit and I am sure it was "my old friend" trying to win me back again!  He failed

Stay Strong and Embrace the Journey

Darren

YoungAtHeart

Congratulations on your ONE WEEK QUIT!  That is HUGE!

Your friend?  Would you be friends with someone who poisoned your body slowly, insidiously, while introducing the following chemicals:

What's In a Cigarette, 599 Ingredients in a Cigarette 

And - disguising the damage by including substances to mask the body's natural defenses  like sore throat remedies and cough suppressants?

It's just the brain sensors trying to convince you that their fix is worth what it causes.....it's not!

This phase will pass!  Hang in there!

Nancy

maryfreecig

Way to go! One week is fantastic...congrats. Missing an old friend is normal. Stay tuned for recovery for it fills the void with good stuff. One day at a time, yes you can.

Iamkfaz

Congratulations on week Won!  The poison is leaving your body or is gone and now the great feeling of a healthy body starts. The change is incredible. 

0 Kudos
elvan

dlane68  A week really IS huge...keep stacking the days and remember that we are here.  You are doing GREAT, staying close to the site...we all want to help.  My first week wasn't too bad, probably because I was so sick...not from withdrawal but from COPD and pneumonia.  Breathing was really challenging and coughing was next to impossible, I couldn't get enough air IN to cough.  You can do this and it is SO worth it.

Congratulations on a week WON.

Ellen

0 Kudos