cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Fee33

New member here

Hi I'm new here I am on day 4 on quitting smoking who else is on day 4? An another question how do you add a picture too your profile?

21 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Hello  and welcome to Ex.  Congratulations on day 4! Here is a link to the getting started guide that can answer questions such as adding a profile picture.

Getting Started Guide

Fee33

I'm actually on my cell on this site and I do not have a computer so I can't add a profile picture to my profile...Thank you for the link! I'm glad to be here day 4 has been going good I stay Praying an reading my Bible an just keep busy busy an my cravings aren't so bad

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can edit your profile if you are in landscape mode on your device.  Just go to https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/edit-profile!input.jspa go in edit mode.  You should have an option to attach a picture.  Certainly on your computer will be a bit easier.

Mark

EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Fee33

I added a picture thanks for the link it helped alot. 

Roller831

Welcome and congratulations on 4 DOF (days of freedom).  I am sure some of the Elders (those with a year or more of being smoke free) will come along and post lots of great things to read on this site!  I am not on Day 4, but remember it well!

Fee33

Yes ive actually quit cold turkey I quit on the 24th last Sunday so I'm just keep busy doing stuff so I don't crave anything I pray an read my Bible to help also. 

elvan

Have you done any of the reading about quitting smoking?  Have you read blogs?  When I first came here, I read everything I possibly could find on nicotine addiction.  I read blogs to see how others were staying free, I listened to everyone who had more experience than I had (that pretty much was EVERYONE).  On the sign in page, I did the homework and made a quit kit...I listed all of the triggers I could identify and how strong they were...I planned for what I would do instead of smoking.  I kept that list and I revised it over and over again. The biggest thing is that smoking doesn't really fix anything, it doesn't change anything.  It doesn't do anything FOR us, it does a lot TO us.  No crave ever killed anyone, no one can say that about smoking.  I can tell you that you can get a lot of information right on this site. Go to JonesCarpeDiem‌'s page and read My Welcome To New Members (10 Years Of Watching)  and then read 

/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months   There are many more things you can and should read...YoungAtHeart‌ has a list 

/blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoke  and she also has a great welcome that she gives to new people.  You will be advised to read Allen Carr's "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking" which is available on line.

Most of all, stay close to the site, read posts, comment, ask questions.  We are your lifeline right now.  

Welcome to EX.

Ellen

Fee33

Nope I haven't but Im actually doing that now an thank you so much for all the information you provided. 

welcome. I was the oldest of three boys and we were big eaters. I dentify.  🙂