ValhallanFury

Quit Date Tomorrow

Discussion created by ValhallanFury on Sep 20, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 2, 2017 by Giulia

I have smoked since I was 14. I've tried to quit, and failed three times in the past so I don't have a whole lot of faith in myself. My husband and I both decided we would quit together. We are doing it for our son and ourselves. We have a one year old, and we don't smoke in the house or car because of him but, we find ourselves outside so much it seems like he usually just has one of us with him at a time. On top of that we easily spend over two hundred dollars a month on both of our pack a day habit. I know this is the right thing to do, and I really want it. I've reached a point where I don't even enjoy smoking anymore, I just feel guilty about it.  We set our quit date and I was actually really excited and couldn't wait for it to get here.  However, now that it's tomorrow,  I'm so anxious I'm sick to my stomach.  You'd think I was going in for surgery or something.  I'm not sure how to get back my resolve.  With all my previous failed attempts part of me is worried this is just going to be a another failure.  I still desperately want to quit but, I suddenly feel like I'm not going to be able to and for some reason I'm completely terrified. 

Outcomes