Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lightsmoke

February Quitters

I'm going to try to  figure out ALL of my triggers

Tags (1)
408 Replies
amolson65

This is the same date that I picked to quit.  This is going to be hard for me being that I am a property manager of a small trailer park. So would need a lot of help. Just about surrounded by stress here.

0 Kudos
saint17

saint17 is divorcing cigarettes on the first also. going through separation now with no reconcilitation. looking forward to my freedom. am looking forward to feb.1  but also know iam going to need support, so any tips and advice, please send my way. and if you need help, i will do my best. GOD BLESS

dee43

My quit date is also Feb 1st. I bought a Wii for the family as a Christmas gift and I have started a morning workout to change my coffee and smokes routine. I quit for a month about 5 years ago and the weight gain was the hardest part for me. I never lost the weight that I gained but picked the smokes back up. I have to say that the new FSC are not as enjoyable to smoke so I think that will help me also. I started smoking at the age of 11 so I really don't know what it is like to be free of them.

0 Kudos
rhondahon

I have picked this date also. I am a 35 year old single mother who has smoked for over 20 years. I have many health problems and I want to quit. I have tried to quit about 4 times before this . I hope that this time is different. This time I am going to try this program and any other support I can get.

kajuko10

0 Kudos
norm2

Hi to all.  I have also set this quit date.  I am 40 years old and have been a 1 1/2 - 2 pack per day smoker for 20+ years except for a 2 year period when i quit cold turkey ten years ago.  I am really serious this time and hope that this site will help.  I was also hoping to establish a "QUITING BUDDY"  (or a few of 'em) for the lack of a better word.  Someone that I can chat about the day's smoking sucesses and failures with.  Someone else for encouragement and not judgement.

Anyone interested?

0 Kudos
jr_whitty

Just want to Welcome everyone to the group, and thank you all for joining! 

WE WILL BEAT THIS TOGETHER!

0 Kudos
keidrickh

I work in IT and I really need to give up these cigars. I have watched and I am currently watching people I love die before my face from cancer. 

0 Kudos
kbug

I'm a single mother of two little boys, ages 4 and 5. I'm only 23, but have been smoking for 9 years. I want to quit smoking for two reasons, my youngest asked me to do it for him, and my boyfriend said that when he is around me and I have smoked, that my hair, breath and clothes smell like a giant ashtray and refuses to kiss or cuddle with me. All the more reason to quit. I just need help and support above anything. SO any tips or ideas would be wonderful!!!!

0 Kudos