cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kellybeth

101 Days

101 days smoke free. I felt like in the beginning I would have never gotten here. Being this far in now I would have thought that it would think of myself as a non smoker. But I don't. I know I have said this before but I feel like a smoker who is not smoking. My feelings are strong sometimes and I feel like I am right on the edge of lighting one up. I am very proud of myself.  I had actually lost count of the smoke free days and was only reminded by an email form this site. Al lot has happened. My Husband has told me he wants a separation and was moving out of my house. I tearfully packed up his things when he had our daughter out of the house because I didn't want her to see. This was only last week. I put all his things in the garage were it still remains. I wanted so bad to smoke. I just wanted my sadness to go away. I didn't smoke. But I really wanted too. I have worked at this quit very hard and tried to just get through the craves minute by minute, second by second. I need to set a good example for my 4 year old daughter. I have not smoked in 101 days because I chose not to. I did it. No one did it for me. No one even did it with me. I am also the one whose Husband had been accusing of still being a "closet smoker" I think he was just a bit jealous that I have done what he has not been able to do.

But all that aside I am a strong woman and I got this!!!

26 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

101 days is really great!  You are setting a really good example for your daughter and improving your health by not smoking.  I am so sorry about your marriage troubles.  If it is meant to be, you will work things out.  Very good job keeping your quit even through tough times.  

MarilynH

A super duper congratulations on your awesome 101 precious smoke free days and counting, life really does get easier and easier as time goes on. ☆

dwwms

That's great! 101 days!! Glad you checked in - I've thought about you occasionally. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles but you really are strong to remain smoke free through it all. Obviously you knew that smoking wasn't going to make your sadness go away. Good job setting an example for your daughter - she can be proud of her mother.

Doug

YoungAtHeart

Your journey is not quite over - and I am not surprised that you might still have a bad crave now and again. My most difficult day after the first few weeks was around Day 101.   It's a hallmark of that stage of your quit. (2-4 months quit which we call No Mans Land).  You can do a search on the site for information about this part of the process.The craves are fewer and farther between than earlier in your quit, but that can be quite intense.  These, too, shall pass.

Just hang in there a bit longer! 

Nancy

elvan

Kellybeth  I am SO sorry for all of the stress you have been under but by God, I am SO PROUD of you for not smoking over it.  You ARE a strong woman and you have proven it.  I am sorry that your husband is apparently afraid of that.  You are a wonderful example to your daughter and to anyone else who is going through a stressful time. Smoking would clearly not have changed anything or made you feel better and your recognition of that is awesome.

Congratulations on your 101 days...may you add many, many more!

Best,

Ellen

gregp136

The pain of any relationship breaking up is beyond what anyone should have to endure.  But we do have to endure it sometimes.  And through that extreme pain, you are showing what a strong and healthy woman you are!  And your daughter will see that, and copy that, and she too will grow into a strong woman! Even through your pain Kellybeth, be aware of the good you are doing!  

bookee6

WOW 101 days wonderful.  I will think of you when I am struggling to get to 101 days.  I have been there with a husband that wanted and did leave it sucks but guess what you did something most people could do and I am not sure if I could have you stayed freed.  You should be proud and I bet you daughter is proud too just not sure why yet but she will and it will show her she can do anything she sets here mind to because of how strong her mom was at a certain point in time and still IS.  Stay strong and free.  You already have done it now keep moving forward one day at a time!!  BTW really try to tell yourself you are a NONSMOKER.  I tell myself that when a wave rolls in.  It really helps because I say to myself I am a nonsmoker and there is no reason to want or have a cigarette because nonsmoker don't do that.  I say it until the wave crashes and then smile!! 

Everyone have a great safe day and night!!

JACKIE1-25-15

Sorry that life is difficult for you right now. It seems that when we are making progress in one area of our lives something comes along to try and distract it but we must keep our faith, focus and continue on this journey of freedom.  I am very happy that you have been strong enough not to smoke through it all.  Kudos.

This quit journey is a process that never ends but gets better if you just hold on.  Not only do we grow healthier we become wiser.  You sound as if you are growing but haven't got it all figured out yet.  If you remain smoke free you will continue to think clearer and see things in a better light.  

Good job on 101.  I always liked that number.  I usually think of it as the "beginning' of the learning process.  So think of it as the beginning that you won't continue to agonize over the cigarette.  You have to reach that in your own mind to remove the brainwashing that you need a cigarette. You are not the only one that has  had those same feelings BUT the no matter what NOPE  will keep you free.  

Hang tough, stay close, don't give in don't give up the best is yet to come. 

Strudel

You do indeed have this....but, it does take time. I had to continuously remind myself that I smoked for a very long time - so changing the way my brain looked at smoking would take some time.  But - it will happen! I am so very sorry about what you are faced with right now - congrats on always protecting your beautiful quit through it all. Please take care - and stay close here! 

0 Kudos