cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bree19

Garbled messaging

Jump to solution

Mark‌ - Every post I open where Wantingacig57‌ has been active I get rubbish computer talk.  Is that profile corrupt perhaps, or just my mind?

Bree

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

It appears that Wantingacig57‌ is using emoji's we don't have standard on the site so it is showing up as the corresponding code to that icon since the icons are now standard on latests phones so the emoji can translate properly from one phone to another.

There is some other formatting issue that is happening with quotes. I'm not sure what to make of that yet.  Thanks for bringing to my attention Bree19‌ and Giulia‌.

😭 (Loud Crying Face)

😱    Face Screaming in Fear Emoji 

🤗    Hugging Face Emoji 

🌹    Rose Emoji 

💜    Purple Heart Emoji 

🙌  Church Emoji 

💥    Collision Symbol Emoji 

😍    Heart Eyes Emoji 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

It appears that Wantingacig57‌ is using emoji's we don't have standard on the site so it is showing up as the corresponding code to that icon since the icons are now standard on latests phones so the emoji can translate properly from one phone to another.

There is some other formatting issue that is happening with quotes. I'm not sure what to make of that yet.  Thanks for bringing to my attention Bree19‌ and Giulia‌.

😭 (Loud Crying Face)

😱    Face Screaming in Fear Emoji 

🤗    Hugging Face Emoji 

🌹    Rose Emoji 

💜    Purple Heart Emoji 

🙌  Church Emoji 

💥    Collision Symbol Emoji 

😍    Heart Eyes Emoji 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Mark...I will Stop using "emojis" as I love to use them!! Also I am temporary without my Email Application as of yesterday, as it will not set-up on this NEW PHONE !!! So I'm using my email straight from the Brightness Network!!

I will be BACK TO NORMAL within 2 days!

I am CERTAINLY Not trying to do anything to be Harmful !!

Blessings, Julie

0 Kudos
elvan

Thanks Mark‌ I wondered what was going on.

0 Kudos

My Dear Bree.. it is me, wantingacig57, I am writing this from my Brightness Account as my phone I usually do use is down!! Mark has contacted me, about this issue! Apparently it is the Emoji's I use, which don't work in the computer language of BECOME AN EX !!! It is harmless and I so apologize of it causing Concern !!!!

I am HARMLESS...TALK TO YOU WHEN MY PHONE IS FIXED AND I LEARN NOT TO USE EMOJIS!!

0 Kudos

No.. I'm not corrupt, hahaha, those numbers and stuff is computer language for the Emojis that I post !! Apparently the computer language of this AWESOME PLACE doesn't support these emoji characters !!! Which is gonna be hard habit to break !! ANOTHER HABIT TO BREAK....HAHAHA!!

Much Love..see ya soon !!

0 Kudos

Rubbish ?? Ouch! That hurts !!! HaHaHa!

0 Kudos

Hey there - good morning!

Yes thanks I saw Mark‌ 's reply to my query.  Phrases like rubbish computer speak and corrupt files and docs, come from working too closely with people from Planet IT in my previous job.  Definitely not intended as personal slights.  Your posts are always worth reading and if computer land won't let emoji's through except by using their codes, who are we to argue? We'll just have to find other ways to be creative, I guess.

Bree

The Ex Cafe  Fri 03.31.17 | BecomeAnEX:

I was using the Brightness Network Home Network where one of my email accounts is Based !! So I have BRIGHTHOUSE, AKA, SPECTRUM TO BLAME FOR THEIR COMPUTER LANGUAGE !!!

0 Kudos

Is that an app on your phone?  It's likely caused partially by the app you're using to compose replies by email in combination with the use of emoticons.  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team