cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired?

I know I was.  I was tired of having those disgusting things in my hands.  I could no longer  stand the smell myself, never cared for it anyway. I was tired of burning my money.  I was tired of feeling stupid sucking on a cigarette.  How ridiculous is that.  Thank God I am free because I was tired of hiding.  I was tired of my teeth being yellow.  The ones that were left.  I was tired of being the only one in the group that smoked.  I was tired of rushing home to smoke.  I remember when it was time for my retirement I was contemplating on how wonderful it would be to smoke whenever I wanted to.  Well I retired and I smoked more.  Are you tired?  What are you going to do about it? Keep making EXcuses? Face the truth are you choosing death over life?  Slavery over freedom? Chained to the nicotine?  You can be free.  It is doable NOPE will keep you free.  Tired of doing the same thing over and over again.  Break the chain and become free. 

10 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Yes - I was tired too!  I am so happy that I finally found freedom!

MarilynH

Great blog JACKIE1-25-15 and so true, the last couple of years of smoking was just going through the addicted ritual of smoking and I'm so happy now to be FREE, yay for all of us Exers! 

0 Kudos

So decide to become FREE!

MePlus3

Yep tired of the smell tired of letting my kids down tired of my teeth being yellow tired of my fingernails looking brittle tired of quitting over and over and OVER again! Tired of breaking the promise to myself that I have a choice to keep tired of thinking about the family members I lost to smoking and knowing inside I'm next! Tired of seeing the beautiful person I am in the mirror and thinking I don't even LOOK like a smoker tired of knowing I should be treating myself better tired of praying for forgiveness for the choice I made to smoke instead of praying for strength and deliverance tired of letting my ex friends down and bringing such sadness to their heart.....Tired of being TIRED!

Daniela2016

And so was I, and speaking about freedom: I have never, in my wildest dreams, imagined how precious the freedom from the addiction would be; or how good it will feel.

Just the other day, while going with our son's in-laws to the Botanical garden, I took a mini purse with me, just enough for a extra pair of glasses and my cell phone.  And the thought came to mind "if I were still a smoker, the little purse would not have been enough".  Just another small example of what the freedom means to me.

Are there negatives associated with quitting smoking: you bet there are; I have gained weight, and having a hard time getting rid of the extra pounds; it aggravated my depression, and I had to take a drug which I blame for the negative impact on my liver and thyroid.  But little by little, all of these things will get worked out, and I will still be an EX, enjoying the benefits of being one.

Thank you JACKIE1-25-15 for the reminder, we all need it, newbies and elders alike!

JACKIE1-25-15

Gaining weight was one of my EXcuses.  Oh the vanity.  the first year I gained up and 4-7 lbs.  the second year another 4 lbs.  roughly 10- 13 lbs not all that bad but I felt it.  I was at my highest weight. I will not blame it all on not smoking.  I wanted to focus on the quit and  I am glad I did. Some of it was no longer caring about what I ate.  I am finally back on track.  Losing weight and getting back into my clothes smokefree.  It feels good but it takes time. It has been two years now and my weight is coming off.   I am doing that forever too.  

elvan

JACKIE1-25-15‌ I was so sick and tired of MAKING myself sick and tired that I could not stand it.  I didn't like the smell or the taste, I hated the way people looked at me, I hated not really FEELING anything, not allowing myself to cry, to get angry, to FEEL. Yeah, sick and tired is a good description and sick and tired at your own hands is the WORST!

Beautiful blog, Lady Jackie, absolutely beautiful!

bonniebee

Yes I was so sick and tired and I was sick and tired of quitting and failing I found this site and what a God send it was and still is ! If you are new here or just lurking make the decision to quit you will begin a new and exciting journey to freedom !

0 Kudos
JustSharon

Sick and tired couldn't be any better way to put it. Thanks for such a wonderful blog, Jackie.

0 Kudos