cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

What is your mantra?

We all go through tough times in the business of quit smoking.  Self talk is a valuable tool to use for the trying times. Here are some words that have helped me make it through. Amazing.

I don't do that it anymore.  Has been a life saver.  Have you ever used it?  Try it. It works.

I developed my own little song that stuck in my head.

Not in my hands, not on my tongue, not on my lips, not in my lungs, not in my nose, not in my clothes. Not in my throat.  I don't want to choke.

Share your mantra Practice makes perfect'

Have a great day.

SINAO

11 Replies

Surely you know what mine is Jackie.

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

I use " you have got to give it away to keep it" and many others, nothing original!

Terrie  150  DOF

0 Kudos
cpsono

This is a great topic, Jackie...I use self talk alot and I have learned many useful mantras on this site.  Something that has been helpful to me lately is this one: you are going to crave no matter if you smoke or not!   So true, and I do not want to wake the dreaded demon, so I choose NOT to smoke.  My cravings have lessened alot, but I still have my rough times, which is why I work my quit by coming here often!   Thanks all!   CP 190DOF and counting

0 Kudos
carolynt

I believe this is day 84 without one puff!  Yea me, right.  Almost 3 months now and I can't believe it myself.  Talked on the phone yesterday with a life long friend who also smokes and I had told her  a couple of weeks after I quit that I wasn't smokingt right now.  Still hesitate to say the word QUIT!  As we talked yesterday we mentioned all the years we have smoked with mine being the most (around 51-52 years).  She mentioned that hasn't the damage already been done in that length of time and I agreed with her.  This really began the thoughts of why suffer now by giving up something I enjoyed when certainly my body has already taken the beating from it.  Little nagging doubts of "why did I decide to do this at this stage of the game".

Can any of you tell me that you feel better physically without cigarettes?  I can tell that the ever present cough has subsided pretty much but everyone says "oh I'll bet you feel like a new person now", but I really don't.  

Guess I'm just looking for reassurance from some of you that I will still benefit from quitting even after all these years!

0 Kudos
scgquit

My favorite saying i have seen out here is " i would rather be a non smoker and think about smoking every once in a while, then be a smoker and think about quitting all the time!".  I just love that! 

0 Kudos
MarilynH

I like life is grand without a cigarette in hand ☺

0 Kudos
GreenThumb3

F smoking  was my go to and would think do I really want to put poison in my lungs 

0 Kudos
ShawnP

I used to use alot, together we can. As much as I would say to myself, i can do it, wasn't always convincing but "together" with Ex behind me, it was possible!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Mine is NADO (Never Another Day One).