cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

janet52

withdrawal....

Hi everyone...my quit date is Oct 2nd, I have smoked about a pack a day for 20 years.  I had bronchitis last week, put on antibiotics and it kinda scared me into quitting....I have cut down to smoking a half a cig at a time, up to 5 cigs a day.  I am having headrush/headache sort of things and still some congestion.  Could this be withdrawal from the nicotine that I am used to?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
minimoo2

I'm Mini Moo. I'm 34, and have been smoking for 21 years. It probably wasn't a good idea for me to start, because my lungs never developed right. Monday, I also went to the hospital to get my lungs checked for cancer. I was also put on antibiotics for bronchitis. That relieved me, because I was having a lung cancer scare. My quit date is November 9th. I started coughing up black stuff, and blood, and not being able to breathe at all unless I was standing up or laying down with my head elevated. I had some other symptoms that were also symptoms of lung cancer. My Xrays and blood tests showed up no cancer. I had regular bronchitis from a germ, and also had my COPD that I'm used to.

I tried to smoke the cigarettes that I had, but I got dizzy and nauseated when I smoked. If you haven't smoked much, it could be your system telling you that it's ready to quit. Everyone is different, so your symptoms could be that you're ready to quit, or nicotine withdrawals. If it happens when you smoke, you're getting used to not smoking. If it happens when you're not smoking, it could be withdrawals.

My planned quit date is Nov. 9th, but my real quit date is probably sooner. I have to do a follow up at our charity clinic to make sure it's not cancer. I'm starting to not want to smoke at all.

0 Kudos
smokefreedom

Hi Janet,

I saw today is your quit date,

Good Luck

It's not easy, but the best thing you will every do.

0 Kudos