cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

frankie-tubbs

ways to not think about smoking!

As i was going through the process of signing up for this site i realized something. i had spent about two hours on the computer and didn't even think about the last time i had smoked a cig. i believe that this may be a great way to help separate ourselves from our triggers. i know that everyone on this site can agree that if you let yourself wonder around on this site and on others that we tend to lose track of time and this may help all of us to quit. let me know if you have found this to be helpful as well. or let me know if you think it makes you think about smoking more.
0 Kudos
22 Replies
banter

I find that educating myself about the addiction reinforces my quit. I don't try to stop thinking about smoking though. When I do think about smoking and wanting a cigarette, I think about the bad cigarettes. The ones I did not want to smoke. I don't think about that one glorious cigarette, I think about ALL of them. And all of them together will cripple me and kill me and reduce my quality of life every day on the way.

I wouldn't recommend you avoid thinking about cigarettes, but rather think about them in a different light.

Jason

47 Days
0 Kudos
jo_6

I really do not want to stay on the comp to stop I am not always near a comp
0 Kudos
jacquie

I have been thinking about this too. Trying to view yourself as a non-smoker is such an important part of it.
It's hard to break the mould though. I think that's what makes it hard for me when I am around my friends because of the long association with me being a smoker when I'm with them.
0 Kudos