cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

frankie-tubbs

ways to not think about smoking!

As i was going through the process of signing up for this site i realized something. i had spent about two hours on the computer and didn't even think about the last time i had smoked a cig. i believe that this may be a great way to help separate ourselves from our triggers. i know that everyone on this site can agree that if you let yourself wonder around on this site and on others that we tend to lose track of time and this may help all of us to quit. let me know if you have found this to be helpful as well. or let me know if you think it makes you think about smoking more.
0 Kudos
22 Replies
mark_g

That is actually true. The more time I spend on this web-site the less I think about cigs...even though the whole website is about cigs! Good luck to everyone...one day at a time
0 Kudos
berry07

exploring this site to take time and keeps your mind off smoking a cig. i wish i could search the site while i'm driving home for work that would help a lot....
0 Kudos
lea2

I agree. Working on the computer is a great diversion. I am a techie at work all day and it helps tremendously. I try to find activies that I wouldn't normally do with my family as well in which I can't smoke. Oh my lastest ventue is a 1000 piece puzzle I purchased. It keeps my mind and hands busy. 🙂

God Bless,

Lea
0 Kudos
joey-justice

You are so right...But I don't think it's about being on the computer because when I get on myspace I wanna smoke or when I'm just checking my email or different sites I wanna smoke...The thing with the becomeanex site is that just knowing you have a community of people who care about you...makes you feel good.
I try so hard not to smoke cuz I don't want to dissappoint myself or anyone here...Everyone has been so welcoming positive, I'm crying now because..I've been looking for a place like this my whole life...A place where everyone is working towards the same goal and we all support each other with positivity and non judgement....Good Luck Frank. Joe
0 Kudos
robin18

You are so very right. I have been on the website for about an hour now and have not even thought about smoing a cig even though this whole website is about cigs kind of weird don't you think?
0 Kudos
lea2

Hi Joey,

What a sweet post. You hang in there girl! We will all beat this addiction together. I totally agree with you. Just having friends on the site helps so very much!!!

God Bless!
Lea
0 Kudos
lea2

Hi Karen,

I have two boys ages 14 and 12 and they sure keep me busy as well. I used to get home from work and go outside on the patio and smoke. This took time away from them. I could have been reading with them or playing cards etc. I'm so happy to hear that you laid down the cigs. I hope that you are feeling better as well. Take care!

God Bless,
Lea
0 Kudos
manofsteele

concentrate on what you want to be not what you have been ....

pledge daily not to smoke in print for others to read and be accountable for what you write ...
0 Kudos
velvet

Your absolutely right. Yesterday I stayed on the computer for 5 hours and didnt smoke 1 cigarette! I was so happy that I did that. But this is a family computer so I know its going to be hard to do that everyday so I'm gonna try to think of some other ways to kill time that actually don't make me think of smoking. But your absolutely right about that just surfing and talking to others is awesome and beats those crazy cravings!
0 Kudos