cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

double

situational smoking

I do not smoke when I am around my family. We all went to Australia for a month and I did not have one cigarette and after a few day, even didn't think about it. I have been in similar situations many times and and had NO problem with not smoking. However, when the family is gone and there's no one to see me, I'm right back at it. Can't seem to solve this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
fatboy2

fatboy-just signed up this morning,it's apain to keep track of every cig.

0 Kudos
bunkygirl92

Im new at this, I just quit smoking on Dec 29th using Chanitix.  I dont think the pills did anything at all to help me cause I always wanted a ciggarette.  I started using the lozenges and I think they were a blessing!  I use a lozenge whenever i crave a cig and it really took the edge off.  My boyfriend was the one who pressured me into quitting (he never smoked) but Im also doing it for the money.  I already saved $315!  I just need some help with certain situations that trigger my craving, like being with freinds that smoke.  So far, Ive taken a drag or two from them but that was it.  I wont buy a pack or anything but I cant help bumming a drag now and then.  Any suggestions would be helpful.

0 Kudos
jerseysailor

I feel the same way. I dont crave smoking black and mild cigars but when I drink it's a wrap. I dont smoke during the week either because most people I know dont smoke and act funny if they smell it on someone else's clothes so I dont even bother.

0 Kudos
far2long

You saved $315 in 3 weeks?  You must of smoked 4-5 packs a day.  I think your math is BS.

0 Kudos
far2long

Chantix is crap!  Become that it has serious medical issues.  Lawsuits have already started, some with nice awards.

0 Kudos