cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

alison5

people who smoke messing up my situation!

So i do not need a cigarette after all my past "triggers" .shall we say.
I always needed one after a big meal and so forth.
Now I can go days but when someone i want to socialize with smokes, i just realllly want to share the smoking experience with them! What the hell is wrong with me that i cant socialize without smoking, like i think the whole experience will be that much deeper??? I am so screwed because i really want to quit and i really want to have nice conversations and i suck at this. if i am talking about anything of any substance my heart pitter patters and i need one. if i dont have them on me i will think of people who smoke and convince myself that i want to hang out with that person but really i just want to bum a cig, uh, im the worst.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
hwc

"What the hell is wrong with me that i cant socialize without smoking, like i think the whole experience will be that much deeper??? "

The only thing wrong with you is that you are addicted to nicotine which makes you think you want a cigarette. The reason you wanted one after a big meal is because you were going into withdrawal from the last cigarette. You want one when "socialize" because the stress of being a witty conversationalist causes nictone to be metabolized faster, putting you into withdrawal. Non-smokers and ex-smokers don't have these problems because it's the nicotine addcition that is causing the stress. That's what's so crazy. You want a cigarette to relieve the stress that smoking cigarettes is causing in the first place.

BTW, I've been to Philly. Saw Bob Dylan there for the first time in 1974, as a smoker, and recently, visited my daughter in college there -- for three years as a smoker and the last time as an ex-smoker. I went to Morimoto's and enjoyed the best meal of my life without a single thought of smoking. I didn't even want one when I walked out of the restaurant
0 Kudos
akili

lol if there is anything wrong with you as a person i know several people that have it too. It is only the nicotine. I am currently quitting and every time my husband or a friend lights up just want to jump them take thier cig and smoke it.
kinda funny i know but it gets rough. hang in there you can make it.
0 Kudos