cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mireya223

scared

I have been reading some pretty frightening things about vaping recently. I have wanted to quit for a while but seeing things like someone dying from a vaping related lung disease is just so horrifying and makes me want to get rid of it immediately. I want to quit for my health and my happiness and my endurance. I don’t want to be tethered to nicotine every day and night. I am currently on day 2 of not hitting my nicotine salts vape and I definitely think the withdrawal has started to hit pretty hard. I’m already a very anxious person, and this has not been helping. My anxiety has been at an all time high the past week or so. I got sick on Wednesday night which is what made me start to hit it less, and I eventually decided I should just take the opportunity to quit now. I’m 21 and have been smoking nicotine for about 3-4 years now and am so ready to be done. I don’t want to keep allowing this addiction to worsen my anxiety and depression. If you have any advice or overall encouragement it would be so greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s mireya223 

We have had many people coming here recently wanting to quit vaping...You are not alone...I suggest you take a deep breath...and relax a bit ... go to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX and read and prepare a quit date...then read the blogs here and try to come up with things to do instead of vape...here is a list to get you started /blogs/Maggie_quit_8-1-2010-blog/2012/03/19/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoking?sr=search&searchId=d... Also, keep close to the support site to encourage others and to get help.  WE are all addicts and in this journey together...many of us suffer with anxiety and found the nicotine made it worse...to read blogs about vaping, go up in right hand corner and click on magnifier and type in key words...”Vaping group, Quitting Vape, etc.,”

I hope some of these suggestions will help you out...in order to get started on your quit...~ Colleen 274 DOF 

JACKIE1-25-15

I am happy that you have made the decision to quit vaping.  One more day and the nicotine should be out of your system.  Think of the withdrawals as your body cleaning itself.  Deep Breathing always worked for me.  Use cut-up straws to draw on when you need to.  You can do this one day at a time.  No need to be afraid,  Quitting never killed anyone.  Smoking and Vaping does.  Be thankful that you have put your best foot forward and don't look back.  You can do this NOPE Not one puff ever will keep you free no matter what is happening.