cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

reggie

quit date is april 2

Hello, my name is reggie and i am planning to quit on friday.  I have tried to quit numerous times and have had some succes, one time i quit for a whole year.  I am here with this program because it does help alot to read about others and their quit and how they deal with the struggle.  I went back to smoking after a year  because i did not respect my triggers and sooner or later even a year later you have to be aware of triggers that you think you maybe over. Basically what i've learned over my many attempts to quit and from reading a few different quit smoking books, one in particular its called the easy way.  We all believe what we want about what smoking does for us in our lifes but in reality we all know that these reasons are illusions and lies that our addicted minds will tell us, that inner voice which its only motive is to keep the nicotine coming.  We as people who want to quit have to stop believing the lies we will tell ourselves to continue to smoke and this is one of the biggest problems i think i face and it is so frustrating because i know what is going on and still have been falling for the lies.  This time i quit I know i have to fight off the lies and the illusions of what i believe I'm getting from smoking.  The answer is and a quote from the book the easy way to quit is absolutely nothing!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
heatherdj

My quit date is April 2 also. I fall for the lies all the time. No matter how irrational they are. The lies lead to a pleasant reward and I'm a sucker every time. I need to find a way to convince myself I don't want "that" pleasant reward and that there has to be a better reward at that moment than what my addicted mind is trying to sell me.

0 Kudos
deba2

Hello my name is Debbie and my quit date is also April 2. I know what you are saying is nothing but the truth and in fact my mind is telling me one of those lies now  (that I am going to be nervous and anxious when I wake up without that familiar routine). At this moment all I know is that I want to do this and will probably be on this site for all the support I can get. See you both smoke-free tomorrow and congrats.! ! !

0 Kudos
rachel36

Good luck you guys on your first day tomorrow!

I started today, before I joined this site, without a pack of cigarettes. I went to the gym, worked, ran some errands, and then bought a pack. I was just irritated all day and I "knew" that a cigarette would make me not irritated anymore. I was right, but then I just felt guilty and keep wanting more. This whole thing seems like a great way to quit. I hope I'm not thinking that's the case b/c I still get to smoke I just have to wait for it. Seriously, I've got triggers for sure! I smoke at the exact same times every day.

I want to quit! And I don't want to ever have to quit again! I'd rather never smoke than have to go through this quitting phase again.

0 Kudos
fitzweiler

Today is also my quit day.  I made it to noon.  I couldn't take the dis-jointed feeling.  I bought 3 packs and smoked one.  I'm going on a trip with a bunch of non-smokers in May and I need to be a non-smoker also.  HELP!  I've tried Zyban and Chantix.  Quit for a whole year on Zyban and 3 weeks on Chantix.  I'm seriously considering buying the "easy way" book.  They is nothing easy about quitting. 

0 Kudos
theresam

i quit <<< sunday will be one month!!! and believe me i loved my ciggs,, BUT I can breath so much better, i smell better ,, i still feel like i miss the satan stick, but it was killing me!!! I used my inhaler 3-4 times a day, pills to help me breath, nebulizers,,, now i don't need the inhaler,,yeah!

I smoked for 33 yrs i was 11 when i started, i fight in my head all the time with myself,, poor me i can;t smoke,, omg am i kidding,, as much as i want one, it is so not worth it ever again, i hate the smell the way it made me feel, always tired,, now i try to nap in the afternoon and i can't lol,,,  so far so good no weight gain, but i learned to really love oranges,, on my break at work i have to sit and peel it, seems to be working,

Good luck to all of you!!! i did it cold turkey if you don't u won't do it,, i did the chantix,,, the patch, gum, laser, hypnosis, i did it all, bottom line is, know in your head u want this quit , and if u can get pass the first three days u got it, then its all mental,,, always look at the good about quitting and u will be the winner, not to mention ,,look at the cost!!

have a great Easter!!! God bless

0 Kudos