cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gwenivere

poStepping down on patch

JJI’ve been on 14mg patches for 8 weeks.  Thought it was 6.  Could go longer, but with no obligations for a couple of days thought I would start today.  Have the lozenge backup.  I’ve been so fatigued, dizzy, shakeyand weak, especially at night.  Yesterday aftertastes volunteering. and no nicotine for hours, a Havinga losenge made me feel like it was too much.  It’s taking every bit of will power to get moving.  I'm. Hoping the drop goes  smoother that I’m antidepissating.  Sure would feel,hopeful if I could I  feel,some enthusiasm.  Wish me luck!

18 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Wishing you the success that no matter what you will by any means necessary.   NOPE

Gwenivere

Sorry, my iPad decided to spell on its own.  Aftertastes is after, a Havinga is having and antidepissating is anticipating.  

Barbscloud

I glad to hear you're feeling enthusiastic.  I know you've had a rough time, but do not forget, you've never given up.  Give yourself some credit for your strength and determination.   You're going make it!

Barb

Gwenivere

I’m not feeling enthusiasm.  Wish I was.  Going into my 2nd day on the lower patch and having a very hard time.  This the worst I’ve ever felt as it is affecting my thinking.  But thank you for your post.  

sweetplt

That is the nicotine withdraw  Gwenivere.  The first two weeks of quitting cold turkey I couldn't think at all...everything felt so jumbled in my brain, but it did get better.

Barbscloud

Gwen, my apologizes.  I misread your post.  I was happy when I thought you were feeling some enthusiasm.  I hope that happens for you soon.

Barb

sweetplt

I know it will help you, but still wishing the best one step at a time.  Happy Monday ~

JACKIE1-25-15

Withdrawal symptoms

• Sadness or depressed mood
  • Insomnia or trouble sleeping
  • Irritability, frustration or anger
  • Anxiety
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Restlessness
  • Decreased heart rate
  • Increased appetite or weight gain
Gwenivere

Does that also include dizziness and feeling shaky at times? All I want to. Do is sleep or cry.  I can sit here and stare at nothing for really long times and anxiety attacks are the norm.