cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

susan2

over 50 and still trying

hi my name is susan and i'm new at this stuff. i haven't had a cigarette in 10 days. its hard sometimes harder than others but i'm determined to get it right. i've quit lots of times, but not for any length of time, i must like withdrawal (ha) anyways i have lots of reasons to quit and not one to keep smoking. i had a heart attack at 45 and now almost 10 years later i'm finally ready. this web site is keeping me going. we can help each other. thanks for letting me share. i will gladly accept any replies. thanks
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
susan2

thanks linda, thats great, almost a year. people like you and everyone in these groups are my inspiration. its been 13 days now. i'm sick of torturing myself also. i used a patch for a couple of days and now its cold turkey, but i'm starting to feel better physically, and i' m sure it gets much better. i'm sorry to hear about your mom. god bless and thanks for sharing and being there for me
0 Kudos
amalita

Hi susan,

Welcome!!!! It is NEVER too late to get it right. I am 56 and have been a non smoker for 19 days. It gets a lot better after two weeks. Good luck. Come here as often as you need to, it is a great place to find support. Happy non smoking weekend!
0 Kudos
susan2

thanks for being there for me, like so many others, i don't think i could do it alone. the best part is i don't have to, i can run things off you guys. well its been 2 weeks, so i guess a day at a time. thanks again
0 Kudos
claudia2

Susan, 2 weeks is fantastic!!! We welcome you and it is NEVER to late to quit...doesn't matter how many failed attempts there might have been...You won't find yourself as the only one that hasn't gotten this right the first time. What you will find is support and friendship. People that know what you are going through and will be by your side as you do it.
I do believe you have come to the right place. I have had a silent heart attack...sometimes we just don't learn to face things when we should, but you are doing it now....so CONGRATS to you!!
0 Kudos
lana3

It's never too late. I am 62 and smoked since I was about 15. I quit last August 4th and am doing fine. I have quit many times before but this time was different right from the start. Maybe I was just ready this time. Maybe we all just have to quit a few times before we are really ready. Best wishes to you.
0 Kudos