cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cloveeebaby

new to this site hope it helps

im new to this site on march 16th i was in the ER because i could not breath i knew i had ashma but it never was a big deal untill i got broncitis but that day it was a big deal i spent 5 days in the hosptial and 3 weeks off work i was told i have the start of POCD and i had to quit so i put on the patch and off i went but i still want to smoke i hate that i still want to light up after what the docs said you would think i would be ok with it but im not i have taken a hite here and there ( about 2 hits every day or so ) im really hoping i can find the help i need to walk far away from my nasty little friends

0 Kudos
3 Replies
angel43

In the same situation here- have had breathing issues all winter and now I have pnemonia- tomorrow is my quit date.  I can not breathe and yet I want to smoke!  how stupid is that???  I hope you are finding the support you need.  We all need it.  I am scared and unsure today but I am told that it gets easier as you go.  I have quit a couple times in the past, most successful when I was pregnant- great reason to not smoke.  I do have a question- did breathing get easier? Right now I feel like I will never be able to breathe again! 

0 Kudos
kdizzle2

Breathing does come easier take it from someone who grew up with Asthma attacks once a week.  That's what it feels like when I don't "light up".  Even more ironic I was always allergic to smoke that was one of my many attack triggers.

Hang in there take some deep breaths.

0 Kudos
steve92

cloveeebaby and angel

Welcome to the house. We are glad that you have decided to become a EX. I am on day 72 and probably wouldn't be there without  prayer , the friends and the support from this site. The people here are great. I am not a pro but I will tell you that if you  will continue to visit, blog, read and learn about the addiction, it will get easier. If you feel the trigger pulling at you and it seems to hard to bear. Log on and ask for help. You will find years and years and years of experience here and the people are out of this world. By the way, the breathing gets so much better.

N.O.P.E. (not one puff ever). Handgin there, it's worth the ride.

Steve 

0 Kudos