cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lisa192

April 12th is my quit date

I have smoked for so many years and have tried to quit too many times to remember.  I hope this works.  My first day at the web site.  I have been meaning to get to the site and finally just did it. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rick_M

Welcome Lisa, good move to throw the cigs away for good. Sometimes quitting smoking is as hard as you make it. I quit a year ago this month. I'm a success story, you can be too. Much advice on the site. Check out the blogs, many on there early in their quits. Support is very important when you quit and there is much support on this site.  If you would like some help please let me know. let me know...........

0 Kudos
bjmarks

Hey ya'll, I quit on April Fools Day....and my 53 birthday. I have smoked for 30 + years and have quit many times too, the longest was for 2 years. I think this site is wonderful, only a fellow ex can help us get through the rough spots and encourage us on our journey to be smoke free. I am determined this time and your right Rick it is as hard as you make it, a real head game that you play with yourself. I am glad I found this place and have already benefited from some strong support....

0 Kudos
Rick_M

Hi there BJ, I got 30 plus yrs of smoking under my belt too. It is as hard as you want to make it. You can analyze it all you want but it is a matter of just not lighting up and taking it one day at a time. It is a challenge but many do quit and never look back.

You have been around this corner before, two years is along time BJ to not smoke so I'm sure you can do it this time. Lets make this the lifelong quit. You have 10 days now so it looks like you are well on your way.

I am glad that am no longer contributing to Philip Morris death lay away plan. I just went past a year and the rewards make it all  worth it. This site is great for support, it is a little bit of misery loves company but who cares it does really help. I would have never got this far without of help from some on here.

Welcome BJ and I wish you well 

0 Kudos