cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

colonel-klink

last one today

it is 7:55 a.m. est. and i have had my last cigarette (again). i'm at work so this is going to be interesting as this is my trigger. i am a director of a non-profit childcare and learning center so i deal with a lot of other folk stuff and i wish that was the reason i smoke here (at least stress is an acceptable reason). but in truth i don't know why this is the only place. it not that i don't get the urge at home or at other places, but here is the only place where i give into the urge so readily.

keep your net on cause i gotta feelin' i'll be doing alot of typing today.
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Giulia

You doing this? You holding on? Let us know.
0 Kudos
dian

you can do it......... it's hard, of course it's hard....... why do you think we kept picking them up again, but minute by minute you get through it, triggers and all, I'm on day 3 with my hardest days coming up........ the weekend where I normally smoke all I want that I can't during the week........ minute by minute. Also I go a counting that counts up the minutes and the smokes I would have smoked. I'm was a light smoker but still, as of now, I haven't smoked 47 cigarettes.......... wooohooo.
0 Kudos
colonel-klink

i want to be just like you when i grow up ......it is 10:43p.m. i haven't had one today and i'm about to FREAK ( i didn't even have my safety one)
0 Kudos
colonel-klink

THANK YOU.....YOU'LL NEVER KNOW HOW TIMELY THIS IS....IT IS 11:08P.M. HERE AND ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IS...I'M GOING TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS ALL OVER AGAIN TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UGH
0 Kudos
manofsteele

rotfl @ a couple of your comments ---

Quote - at least stress is an acceptable reason ------------------------> BS .....Survey Says ------------------->Nope ....

A safety one ??? another stress related weak excuse ???

Throw away all cigarette related crap including safety smokes ....lighters..... ashtrays ...... everything ....and start getting mad at the demons that want to poison you .....don't buy those lame excuses ever again ....

think of your kids ......................do you want them smoking ..................... heres what might happen if your kids watched you smoke your safety .... watch this please .... is this what kind of example you want to be for kids ......

Sorry but it justs sounds you are more ready to slip then to succeed. I would love to be wrong.

Peace !
0 Kudos
Giulia

Dian, you're doin' it! Keep it. Hold it close. Be a leader here! Your success means so much to so many. Never doubt it. Wooohoo is right!
0 Kudos
Giulia

Wow do you have a lot of strangers who care about you. Are you lucky or what???!!! Now why the Hell do think we're all here rooting you on? Because we give a damn. Simple and as profound as that. There are the new ones who are trying to make it, like you, who hope you will because it sets an example for them. It shows that it's possible. It makes them stronger. Each person who quits makes the next stronger.

"Throw away all cigarette related crap" ...Manofsteele is right on. But that also includes throwing away your excuses, your safety nets, your BS.

Some of us are so dedicated to helping others find freedom from this CRAP, that we've jumped over here from another non smoking site (SmokeAway).

Yeah, and tomorrow you'll have to be as strong as you were today. We were. Can you be? YOU BET!
0 Kudos
colonel-klink

i really do believe i will make it this time....i just not sure i'm gonna be able to keep track of the hours, minutes, and so forth ....i just wanted to be *******FREE - dig
0 Kudos
colonel-klink

do you know how this drop in blood sugar levels will effect me with type 2 diabetes? and i can't drink juices so what about fruit?
0 Kudos