cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

softmtnrain

Happy Friday to All!

Hello! My name is Sharon. Just joined the group today and wanted to say hello to everyone. Congrats on making the decision to quit smoking! While quitting isn't easy, it is very doable. If I can do this, so can you! I promise you...it does get easier. Just keep hanging in there! In less than a week, I will be celebrating 3 years of smoke-free living. Life is good on this side of the quit! I look forward to "meeting" you all and hope that I can be of some support. So feel free to give me a shout anytime.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Susan59

Hey Sharon,

Thanks for coming on to support us. Lots of folks here that could use the advice of a veteran like you.

3 years! How awesome!!

Susan Day 74
0 Kudos
manofsteele

you have put a BIG Smile on my face by showing up !!!

this place has been like a blast in the past for me !!!

0 Kudos
manofsteele

you have put a BIG Smile on my face by showing up !!!

this place has been like a blast in the past for me !!!

0 Kudos
softmtnrain

Thanks for such a warm welcome, Susan! It looks like you have a pretty awesome-looking 2.5 month quit going there for yourself. Congrats on your decision to quit! Holler if you need me!
0 Kudos
softmtnrain

Ah...you know, the nicodemon doesn't have a chance with all the reinforcements coming in. It's really good to see the excitement in you guys. This forum is so lucky to have you here!

Hugs!
0 Kudos
softmtnrain

Ray, I can tell you're all fired up! That's great! It does remind me of the early days at the ol' SAS site. I sure wish Jean could see this place. It would make her heart sing to see so many folks quitting. She never missed an opportunity to reach out to help others and it's so good to see everyone stepping up to the plate and carrying the torch in Jean's honor.

I promise to be here as much as I can. I have so much going on in my work and personal life right now, so leave the light on for me, will ya? Carry on, dude!

Hugs!
0 Kudos
manofsteele

At the very top of every page there is an envelope and a picture of a head...... the envelope with New next to it means there is a message waiting for you !

Something tells me you have at least one message waiting for you to read !

take care !
0 Kudos
Giulia

I'm a little slow on the uptake here, Sharon, although I did say hi somewhere else to you. Anyhow, so glad you're here! Now where's the golfer in the family? Hope he makes an appearance too.
0 Kudos
softmtnrain

Ah, Peggy, you're too sweet. I'm sorta stumbling around here to. I promised Ray I would be here as much as I can. So much going on in my 3-D world that needs my attention, but I'd also like to return some of the support I had when I quit. I've told Joe about this place, so you just never know when he might decide to pop on in. Thanks again for the warm welcome. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Smokefree and proud of it for 2Y 11M 3W 6D 13h 9m (1,092 days). I have saved $2,593.37 by not smoking 27,313 cigarettes. My Quit Date: 5/15/2005
0 Kudos