cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tommy3

hi

hi,I`m Tommy and this is my first post.I smoke 2 1/2 pks a day.I am down to my last pack.I plan on giving it up Thursday after these last few are done if i don`t throw them away first.A friend told me of this site and all the great support he got here.
Thank you!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
dian

It really does help, I'm going on 2 wks now being smoke free. The support here is wonderful once you get into the swing of things and into some groups....... the Pledge to not smoke group is a good group to keep you on track along with some other groups............. you going cold turkey?
0 Kudos
tommy3

Thank you Dian,I have some patches here thought I would use.Might as well,they are paid for.
lol
0 Kudos
dan-dunn

Welcome Tommy, and good luck with your stopping. It is not the easiest thing in the world, but once you get started it will seem like the ole bugger man is not that mean after all. Just think, you can let feelings be known by just using those same fingers used to hold a cig, but instead keying words to help you stop. Keep us posted. I am going into my 6th day today, and well, this site has really been a great help, so look forward to hearing from you.
0 Kudos
tommy3

thanks Karen,Danny,Dian and Sandee.
I have smoked my last half pack today and 1 cigar.It was horrible.I asked myself why?Well,1 cig left

I have quit many times using many ways.Then it all seemed to take me to one certain point.That day when i took that first puff,thinking it would be different this time..and in reality it wasn`t.
I really appreciate the encouragement!I am going to be back here ,maybe later today or early Friday for sure.
0 Kudos
tommy3

well,I quit at 7:55 pm

I found 10 unused patches and I am going to use them,along with a bunch of prayer.
0 Kudos
manofsteele

Hey Tommy,

I saw you in the Daily Pledge today. You made a solo post and thats not a problem but people like Karen,Dian and Sandee are usually in the one big main pledge for the day. You just get a different feeling when you have so many people pulling for themselves and you. A daily pledge really helped me and my quit and now its over 4 years without wanting a puff.

Here are some links to other areas that can help many people wanting to make this quit the best ever.

http://community.becomeanex.org/group/dailypledge

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Pledge - Quit Party Central - Relapse Traps
Game Room Quit Reasons - Thanks and Praise
Tough Luv - Words of Wisdom - Find a Quit Buddy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Great Reading - http://www.tobacco-facts.info/
For a Free Quit Keeper - http://dedicateddesigns.com/qk/

YOU CAN DO IT ... we can help .....just ask !
5.4 Million die due to smoking related causes every year.
That's 2000 times a 9/11

Ray Steele ---- Hey Tommy ----- YOU CAN DO IT !
0 Kudos