cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mary242

helpful hints

today is day 7 for me. I have learned that pretty smelling candles or my smell good little pots have helped alot. Also, going to the library and hanging out  is so much fun. I find a cozy corner and just relax and read! Another good one is I go to Hastings ( the book store) and read and hang out there. No one is smoking in these places and Im just a regular person!! I also keep my favorite lotion next to me so I can keep smelling my hands and being happy that they dont stink! I hope this will help someone, have a great day and God keep us all strong.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
msdeb2013

Hey Mary,

You offer some good tips.  I've just joined & set my quit date for February 1.  I like the candles and the lotion idea. Thanks

Deb

0 Kudos
webber1101

I like the candles and lotion idea too.  I'll try that.  The other day I was in an antique store and started having a flash.  The inside of my coat smelled just like nasty, stale,  old cigarettes.  I had to come out of it.  I washed most of my clothes, but forgot about this Jacket.  I was soo turned off.  I kept smelling it in misbelief.  Is that how I use to smell?  How did anyone stand me? Thanks for the tip.

0 Kudos
mary242

glad I could help!! God bless you and give you strength! You should absolutely read the "Easy Way To Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr its free on this sight and is an awesome help. Its also in the public library. Let me know how youre doing!

0 Kudos