cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

snevilleb

ecigarettes

I just received an email from a friend about ecigarettes. Are they safe? Can they help me quit smoking?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mrvapor

I'm glad someone asked about this. Before I answer your first question, let me ask one of my own: Are regular cigarettes safe? Of course not! I'm sure you already know they contain over 4000 chemicals, including tar, carbon monoxide, and even ARSENIC! As for electric cigarettes, on the other hand, their safety is still being studied. But let's look at what they contain, and then compare that to what is in regular cigarettes. The 4 main ingredients in E-cigarettes are water, flavoring (natural and artificial flavors like those in juice or candy), nicotine, and an additive that helps turn the solution into vapor called propylene glycol, which is approved by the FDA and found in food coloring and cake mixes. Ok, so you are getting some preservatives and artificial flavors, but this is stuff you find in your TV dinner and Kool-Aid anyway. Of course they have nicotine also, which is addictive, but the nice thing is with most brands they have various levels of nicotine from 0 mg to 16mg. So you can start at 16 mg, and then slowly drop down to medium and low levels, until you are at 0 mg. At this point, HOO-RAH! YOU HAVE QUIT SMOKING! The beauty of using this system is that you are still able to engage in the hand-to-mouth habit that you are used to, and you are actually inhalling a smoke-like vapor, but there is no actual smoke!

So if you think about it, if you can simply switch to E-cigarettes, you have effectively quit smoking, because you are now vaping, not smoking! Personally, I quit smoking this way. I'm sure you can too!

If you do decide to try this, there are TONS of companies you can go with. One company I do NOT recommend is "Smoking Everywhere". They are popular, but only because they have blitzed the market with mall kiosks and aggressive sales and marketing tactics. First off, their customer service is terrible. I tried to return an E-cigarette I bought from them because simply didn't work and they wouldn't let me!

Also when you buy a starter kit, don't just look at the price. Usually a cheaper price means cheaper in quality as well. Here is what I mean by this. There are basically two types of E-cigs out there: 3 piece models and 2 piece models. The 3 piece type has a separate vaporizer (which they call an atomizer) and is cheaper, but you have to deal with screwing in the atomizer, replacing it when it gets clogged and burnt out, and so on. Sometimes you even have to refill the nicotine cartridges, which is a pain in the you know what and if you get the drops on your skin it BURNS! After dealing with these issues, I finally found a site with a 2 piece model that I am really happy with. It gives out more vapor with each puff because each cartridge has a brand new vaporizer. Anyway you can check it out yourself if you want at

http://greensmoke.com/electricmist

You can use the coupon code I found if you want. Just put in "disc10-8295" for 10% off. If you try this I really hope it works for you. I'm sure it will. Good luck!

0 Kudos