cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

adam30

day 3 of cold turkey..phlegm with tar and streaks of blood..relapsed.. please help

Hi friends.. am 29.. smoked for last 8 years..and after trying to quit 100s of times i tried again this weekend..and went cold turkey.. took vitamin c during these days to drive nicotine out of my system.. had been having a bit of phlegm with tar since last few days... but this morning got coughing and along with tar were a few streaks of blood..

drove me crazy and scared shit out of me.. and what i did to calm myself is shocking.. i smoked ! someone pls help me.. can it just be some ruptured tissues or veins..or whatever and something not life threatning.. can i just forget abt this stupid relapse and resolve never to take another puff.. have heard our bodies have immense cleansing power to heal itself.. just hoping that this streak of blood gets cured as well... am shit scared...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
magmar

Its normal to be scared, but you HAVE TO QUIT NOW. Nothing in this world is worth the stress you are causing yourself. 
smoking has really bad effects on the circulatory system, and if you have been coughing a lot, it could be from that. But i would suggest you call your doctor about this, they might be able to give you something to thin the mucous. The blood may have been from your throat as well, but I would still call. 

Definately keep to the quit, you are stronger than that addiction, i promise! I found that a straw (as silly as it sounds) helps me. Also, you need to drink a bunch of water to help things get moving out of your lungs. I found that exercise helps, even if its a brisk 10 minute walk, getting my heart rate up and getting the runners high replaces the craving.

Let me know how you are doing, and if you need anything i'm pretty addicted to this site now, just send me a message!

Take care of yourself! You CAN do this!

0 Kudos