cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

session09

New Ex smoker (1-12-10)

Hi,

I'm Dave.  I quit smoking on the 12th.  Now I have this horriable cough!??  What the heck is going on!??!  I never caughed like this when I smoked!

BTW, I started cold turkey and moved to the patch after I almost killed my wife for asking a silly question.  I've since apologized and purchased stock in Tootsie Pops.  My sense of humor is comming back too (thank god!).

I've tried washing my clothes several times...I can still smell the butts though any ideas?

~Dave

0 Kudos
2 Replies
phgradstud

Hey Dave,

When you quit smoking the cilia in your lungs that sweep the mucus up (and nasty bacteria) begin to repair themselves.  While you were smoking you destroyed this body defense mechanism.   It is a good thing.   Your ciliatory escalator (yes, that's what it's called) is starting to function properly again.

As far as the smell goes, no idea.  I did rewash all of my coats, but one in particular smelled pretty nasty next to the hand so I just washed it again.  It was gone the second time.

~K

0 Kudos
mcgovern02896

Dave I got a great tip for the clothes...go and buy some of the tide stain release in-wash boosters

put 2 in per load and then use a few dryer sheets or even better is the bounce bar that you put into your dryer

then you should wash down the walls in your home, air out your closet the best you can and your car as well

0 Kudos