cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mike31

any advise on quitting?

I slipped up after about 8 hours! I feel pretty stupid for that but I am NOT giving up!!
0 Kudos
15 Replies
SaraSmile

Hi Mike,
So, how are you doing? Just make your mind up that you're not going to smoke today! Keep busy! I stayed here the first few weeks and still stop in everyday! I munched on pretzel sticks and twizzlers. Drink lots of water and juice too, that flushes your system. You can do it but you've gotta really want it! Smoking doesn't help anything, it doesn't make life easier to deal with, your morning coffee taste better or the ride to work nicer. Smoking kills, period, the end! Hang in there, Mike! Holler if you need to vent!
Sara
Prosper in peace
0 Kudos
jennie3

Stay positive thinking good thoughts makes a world of diffrence!
0 Kudos
jennie3

Stay positive thinking good thoughts makes a world of diffrence!
0 Kudos
rj_

Education is the key, then quit cold and never take another puff.

Best, RJ Free at Last.
0 Kudos
babs77

Hello Mike, welcome to Ex.
Danielle and Karen covered it well. The plan really works and will help you alot in achieving your goal. Check in often here, as there are lots of supportive people willing to help you along the way.
I wish you success in your quit!
0 Kudos
edith2

Good luck on your first day Mike! Be honest with yourself and your addiction to smoking. Do not smoke anything else as a substitute, you'll still be smoking. When you get a craving, think it through. Procrastinate on lighting up till the craving is gone. Focus on other things(pleasant things) when a craving comes on. Plan rewards for yourself as you go along, like buying that CD you really wanted or going to the restaurant you've wanted to try. Take deep breaths. Drink lots of ice water(I still do). Stay busy. Let your friends know what you're doing and ask them to help you out and not smoke around you if they do. Set your boundaries. Don't give into your triggers. The triggers go away anyway in time. Tell yourself that you're going to get through this. Pretty soon you'll start to feel better, smell better, food will taste better and you'll breath better and you'll live longer! It's a win-win thing and you're doing it!
0 Kudos
edith2

Good luck on your first day Mike! Be honest with yourself and your addiction to smoking. Do not smoke anything else as a substitute, you'll still be smoking. When you get a craving, think it through. Procrastinate on lighting up till the craving is gone. Focus on other things(pleasant things) when a craving comes on. Plan rewards for yourself as you go along, like buying that CD you really wanted or going to the restaurant you've wanted to try. Take deep breaths. Drink lots of ice water(I still do). Stay busy. Let your friends know what you're doing and ask them to help you out and not smoke around you if they do. Set your boundaries. Don't give into your triggers. The triggers go away anyway in time. Tell yourself that you're going to get through this. Pretty soon you'll start to feel better, smell better, food will taste better and you'll breath better and you'll live longer! It's a win-win thing and you're doing it!
0 Kudos
edith2

0 Kudos
carlie

Hey, Mike...Sorry, but little Edith......"don't smoke anything else as a substitute".....got out of her cage; again !!! Pay no attention to the person behind the curtain....this site deals with "Re-Learnining Life Without Cigarettes"...period!!!

How are ya doing with that?? You askied for advice// Just DO it...go thru the EX program...follow all the steps and do the program...then just DO it !!!
Photobucket
0 Kudos