cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kenny10

another day to stop

when I wake I wake up to a cigarette and during the hours that I walk the dog I smoke!!!.
when the time that I get upset I cry for a cigarette to calm me down that's what I depend on. The thought of the image that I picture in my head and that image of my father lying that's he's not dead from lung cancer and the picture of me laying next to him of the same desease and the calling of death talking in my ear cause that's what I depend on a lighter a box and twenty baby cigars that we call CIGAR-ETTES who question the person that It will kill next. help me some body on the day that I can say no to death and yes to that fresh breathe of air. GOD Bless
0 Kudos
6 Replies
SaraSmile

Sounds like you have MANY reasons to quit smoking, Kenny and NONE to keep smoking! It's a decision only YOU can make. In my quit, I found that THINKING about quitting was actually WORSE than the quitting itself, REALLY! Ya, there are days when you don't think you can make it without a cigarette, that's when you come HERE and HOLLER for HELP! I quit with the help of Chantix and coming HERE! You will always find someone that knows what you're going through because they've been through it already or are going through it WITH you. Be strong, Kenny, strength is the key!
Best wishes,
Sara
Prosper in peace
0 Kudos
carlie

Hey, Kenny - The first bit of proof that you want to live that I can point out to you, is that you came HERE !!!! That's an awesome start....and we WELCOME you for making a HUGE decision to change your life...and live !!!

Sara is right...have you checked out the EX program yet ??? Furst, you go though the EX program; learn about your addiction (and we ARE nicotine addicts) learn how to separate yourself from some habits; know your triggers...and be comfortabe in setting a quit date. We are here for you, dude !!! Just know that you Can do this....you WILL do this.....and you are not alone !!! OK ???
Keep in touch...and good luck !!!!
0 Kudos
sharon54

Hi Kenny,

Welcome to the site. Quitting is the greatest gift that you can give yourself - or your dog. It can be done and this site is just loaded with information and help.
0 Kudos
becky16

Hello Kenny and Welcome!
You have made the best decision you will ever make in your life.........by taking the first step to saying "NO" to death. We are all here to help each other through the quitting process by givning each other support, encouragement and suggestions. We give each other strength to remain smoke free, as well as, taking the steps needed to quit. Our purpose here, is all the same, even if our reasons are different. You will read many life stories on here that may inspire you. There are groups that may be of interest to you. I would suggest you start with the becomeanex program, located on the main page. I would also suggest that you read all you can about your addiction. Knowledge will help you through the process. A site that offers understanding to the mental and addictive behaviors that we develop while smoking is a good place to check out: www.whyquit.com. Write on here often, especially when you get a craving. You will be amazed how your own words will talk you out of smoking. We are here for you and I for one, look forward to seeing your success on here!!
0 Kudos
jennie3

Kenny welcome you are in the right place you can do it we will all be here to help you stay strong and positive!!!
0 Kudos
aly2

Wow Kenny~ powerful words.
Yes, its really big stuff.... and you are callin it what it is- a killer....

You can do this and we are all here to help!
0 Kudos